[lac-discuss-en] Repurposing the ccTLD

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 18:15:19 UTC 2023

Where do developing economies go to make a few pennies in the domain names
business? The business models for ccTLDs are as variable as are the
national administrations. But every now and then we get a break playing the
hand we've got. The word is serendipity and Anguilla (.ai) is just the
latest. One could add .ag, .bz, .pr and .co to his list.

When Oscar [Moreno] (.pr) (May he RIP!) and Patrick [Lay] (.ag) educated me
on what was actually happening in their zones, it was a very short journey
to support.

The ccTLD is part of the fabric of works that support end user access to
the internet. In Anguilla's case, it is a point of major support for
Anguilla Community College and sustainability is top of mind.

We should affirmatively strive to maximize the crumbs we get so we continue
to exist and online.

https://circleid.com/posts/20230626-dot-ai-you-ready-a-domain-to-add-to-your-portfoli-before-someone-else-does

CAS

*Carlton A Samuels*

*Mobile: 876-818-1799Strategy, Process, Governance, Assessment & Turnaround*