[lac-discuss-en] [lac-discuss-es] Breve Declaración Re: RECORDED / Trying again nominating a colleague with good English, to NomCom

lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org
Fri May 13 23:04:01 UTC 2022

[[-- Translated text (es -> en) --]]

Dear members:
 By this means I express my intention to collaborate as a NOMCOM delegate for LACRALO in the period that begins in 2022.
 I have been actively participating in contributing ideas for a more inclusive internet since 1998 when the first law on electronic commerce and technological storage of documents was discussed.
 Since then, with a group of professionals, we founded the Panamanian Association of Law APANDETEC 19 years ago in 2003 as a non-profit association, with national and international projection, created for the collaboration and contribution of topics and issues related to Computer Law and New Technologies, in order to promote research and study of these specialties. APANDETEC has been an ALS of LACRALO since 2016 and several of its members participate in the different initiatives of LACRALO and ICANN. I have previously participated in ICANN 62 for the Global Policy Forum in 2018 in Panama and I have been a member of ICANN - Business Constituency (BC). ICANN BC is the voice of business Internet users within ICANN, which includes small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) like the one I work with.
 I am also a member of other professional associations where discussions are held exclusively in English, a language that I speak, write and read regularly at home and in the office since I was 5 years old for family and work reasons.
 In a world in which there is a gap in the Internet by socioeconomic classes and in the face of disinformation new forms of censorship are raised that threaten freedom of expression, more than ever it is necessary for users to make their contributions known in order to maintain a free market of ideas that also includes those who have less. With my participation in NOMCOM I hope to contribute my grain of sand for this purpose that benefits the membership and society in general.

 Alvaro Aguilar-Alfú - Attorney at Law
 Mobile: +507 6638-8707 Fax: +507 340-6446 Tel: +507 340-6444 Skype lagcentral / Linkedin / Facebook
 Airmail address: PO Box 0831-1110, Panama 0831, Panama
 Courier address: Aquilino de la Guardia St. Ocean Business Plaza, 12th Floor, Panama City, Panama

 The views and opinions expressed in this email message are the author's own and may not reflect those of the firm. The information contained may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

 Q Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

 Jeudi May 5, 2022, 18:16:05 UTC−5,<claudia.ruiz at icann.org> to write:

 [[-- Translated text (en -> es) --]]

 Dear Vanda,

 Thank you for your email.