[lac-discuss-en] [lac-discuss-es] Breve Declaracion- Carlos Dionisio Aguirre

carlosaguirre62 at hotmail.com carlosaguirre62 at hotmail.com
Tue May 25 18:20:00 UTC 2021

[[-- Translated text (es -> en) --]]

Brief Statement.

 Dear all
 One of the requirements when accepting this candidacy is to make a brief statement explaining why I personally believe that I am a good candidate to occupy this position on behalf of Our Region.
 Here are my considerations in this regard:
 I have been working in the field of Law, Digital Economy and Internet Governance since 2003. Therefore, I am almost 20 years old in this task that I am passionate about and occupy.
 In all this time both in the Academy and in Civil Society, I have developed many activities that have earned me numerous awards, as well as the fact of being able to hold leadership positions in many organizations.
 Specifically in regard to the activity in the Internet Ecosystem and Governance, all these activities earned me the recognition that I was made as an Internet pioneer in the Latin America and Caribbean Region, of course among many others, in the opening ceremony of the Buenos Aires Icann meeting in 2013 and in the opening speech of the then CEO of ICANN Mr. Fadi Chehade.
 Before that, I was one of the founding members of LACRALO and a signatory of the MOU with ICANN. At that time, with whom we signed this Memorandum of Understanding and acting on behalf of ICANN was neither more nor less than Mr. Vinton Cerf, who held the position of President of the Organization's Board of Directors at that time.
 I was elected in 2006 within the framework of the São Paulo Meeting, as the first ALAC member and then reelected in 2008. During my tenure in office I held positions as liaison with the NCUC - GNSO, part of the ICANN Academy WG and was Chair of Participation & Engagement among other things. Likewise, we raised our voices so that ICANN documents and meetings were not only in the English language and that a greater budget was available for translations and Interpretations into other languages. Upon my departure from office, the documents and interpretations of the meetings were made into the 5 languages of the United Nations and the original budget of U $ dollars 2.5 M rose to almost 60 M. Of course this was not a solo job and many voices were those that expressed themselves in that sense.
 Actively participated in more than 25 ICANN meetings as ALAC member and as GNSO Councilor, the latter position for which I was elected by the NOMCOMM in 2009. In the same way, I contributed to numerous WG`s within the ICANN ecosystem.
 I was part of the AT LARGE SUMMIT in Mexico and London and due to my academic activity I was one of the 800 delegates invited to the NET Mundial in São Paulo 2014, where the future of Internet Governance was determined, together with various World Leaders.
 At the local level of my country, I have participated in all IGF Argentina since its creation, being a member of the Program Committee in its first three editions. In a similar vein, I have taken part in some regional IGFs.
 Today I represent AGEIA DENSI Argentina in the General Assembly of LACRALO and I am part of the Board of Directors of the Region in charge of the WHOIS & GDRP WG.
 Some of my activity outside the Internet ecosystem: I highlight having almost 30 years of teaching at the National University of Córdoba, although I have also been a speaker and speaker at some congresses, courses and seminars at other Universities in different countries of the Region.
 In the same vein, I am a legal professional, postgraduate in Business Law, absolutely committed to social causes and the reduction of the gap in Civil Society, participating in local politics, as well as in philosophical entities and philanthropic.
 These are my credentials and for what I believe to be a good candidate to occupy the position of ALAC member for the Region, to which I aspire again and for which I ask for your support when I have to vote.
 A separate chapter deserves my adversary and friend Mr. Alberto Soto with whom we also share part of this History, having its merits and achievements. That is why I consider that whatever the final result of this election is, it will be good and optimal for the Region and the strengthening of LACRALO.
 I am Carlos Dionisio Aguirre and my commitment is on the table and in Your hands the decision to place me in the position of ALAC member by LACRALO for this period. THANK YOU.

 Carlos Dionisio Aguirre.
 Córdoba, Argentina - May 25, 2021.-