[lac-discuss-en] [lac-discuss-es] Acerca de la Asamblea General Virtual de nuestra región

lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org
Fri Mar 5 17:44:00 UTC 2021

[[-- Translated text (es -> en) --]]

Dear friends, our virtual general assembly is approaching and with it
 a topic that I would like to share.
 Both Harold and I are of the idea of being able to open participation to
 all and the greater places of participation in the region, the better
 opportunities for involvement exist in the region.
 The COVID 19 pandemic wreaked havoc on this issue and worsened the
 participation in all aspects of our relational life, including
 ICANN and LACRALO.
 We have a debt of modifying the metric rules to which they are
 tied in some way our rules of procedure and our
 operating principles and that it will somehow curtail the possibility of
 participation of some ALS and we are concerned.
 The rules say the following:

 * "Article 11. 6" Article 11.6: On the Quorum: In the case of
 an Ordinary or Extraordinary General Assembly, the quorum to meet is
 will understand constituted with half plus one of the active ALS in first
 call and with the ALS present whatever their number, 20
 minutes after the time established for its opening. "*

 As can be seen from this text, the term "Active" is tied to the
 metric rules. This implies that very few ALS will be able to participate in the
 General Assembly. And I believe that it is not feasible in this framework to make the
 metrics document and the categorization of "Active and Inactive" to the
 ALS in this exceptional Pandemic setting.

 I do believe that other metric rules have to be redesigned.
 adjust to reality, as well as an honesty of our region,
 Nobody escapes that although we are 61 ALS, the number of active ALS is different
 in the region, but I think this is not the ideal time to be in
 positions that compromise the possibility of participation.

 My position is that everyone can participate whether they have had or not
 active participation. without detriment to this, if there is a sufficient number of
 ALS to suggest that my proposal is unfeasible and that we should apply this
 rigorously, let's review this topic with Harold and adjust to
 the general ones of the law according to article 11.6 of our rules of
 process.

 I wait for comments if there were any, since I have to be clear about
 where we should march in our Virtual General Assembly.
 I greet you with my greatest affection

 * Sergio Salinas Porto ** Argentine Internet President - LACRALO / ICANN
<https://atlarge.icann.org/ralos/lacralo> ** Argentine Association of
 Internet users<http://www.internauta.org.ar/> / FeTIA
<http://www.fetia.org.ar/> ** FUILAC- Federation of Internet Users
 Of the C<https://fuilac.org> ** facebook: salinasporto
<http://www.facebook.com/salinasporto> ** twitter: sergiosalinas
<http://twitter.com/sergiosalinas> ** Mobi: +54 9 223 5 215819 ** "Hopefully
 we can be disobedient, every time we receive humiliating orders
 our *

 * conscience or violate our common sense "Eduardo Galeano *