[lac-discuss-en] [lac-discuss-es] estimados como no he visto la traducción de mi Expresión de Interés para la posición de NOMCOM ...

vanda at scartezini.org vanda at scartezini.org
Mon May 18 22:06:01 UTC 2020

[[-- Translated text (es -> en) --]]

Aui follow the same in Spanish

 I hereby declare my personal interest in this volunteer position, mentioned above: LACRALO candidate for NOMCOM, deadline 2021-22.
 I have public and private experience. Most of my professional time was in technology in positions such as Director, General Manager, Board Member and today President and member of the Boards of the private and non-profit sector;
 In the public sector, I have been President of the Brazilian Patent Office and have twice acted as National Secretary for the Federal Government, once for Information Technology Policy and once for Industrial Technology. In many cases he was responsible for electing directors, board members, interviews, and approval of performance and review processes.
 My ICANN story started in 2000 and I have been a member and vice president of GAC, where I have worked for 4 years; Board member selected by NomCom and under that title, related to the experience of selecting and evaluating individuals, I have served as a member of the Compensation Committee, responsible for evaluating compensation for all senior managers within ICANN.org, and I have also been a member of the small committee (4 people, in charge of selecting the new COO at the time, Mr. Doug Brent, selected in a face-to-face interview among 4 other candidates) and Mr. Paul Levins as Vice President Corporate Affairs; I have also been chair of the Reconsideration and Audit committee while on the Board, which gives me a pretty good insight into the Board's challenges. During my second term as ALAC Board Liaison, I proposed and helped implement the Fellowship Program
 I have been to the ALAC twice, first selected by NomCom and he was Vice President (at that time only 2 vice presidents and one rapporteur) and then elected as liaison to the Council by my colleagues and at the second opportunity, selected by LACRALO.
 I joined LACRALO when I left the Board and since then I have been an active member of our community, participating in the LAC Strategy until 2017 and coordinating LAC SPACE (I left the coordination in 2017 but I am still a member), the Mediation Group and the Governance Committee, helping to write both the Bylaws and the Rules of Procedure.
 During my SSAC time - 3 years - I was also a member of the small committee with the Vice President to create a process to select new candidates to join SSAC.
 In the past, LACRALO selected me to represent our community at NOMCOM. In 2012, the Board also selected me to be President of NOMCOM. As President of NOMCOM, we have begun opening up the NOMCOM process, so that the community understands it better and, as such, we are also accountable to the community; We also work with the organization of external experts to reposition their work by improving the NOMCOM process.
 In recent years, ALAC / LACRALO has appointed me to be a member of the CCWG for the NOMCOM Review and now we are finalizing our work in the NOMCOM Review Implementation CCWG, giving me a good vision of what to do in NOMCOM in addition from their job of selecting leaders.
 NOMCOM is key because of its responsibility to select Board and AC and SO leadership positions. Improvement is always on the table and, after the implementation report, it will be NOMCOM's own task.
 Today I am only a member of LACRALO and as such I am a member of the following working groups within LACRALO and at ICANN.
 • Governance of LACRALO - GT - these last days finalizing the new Rules of Procedure, after the Mediation work. I have worked closely with the group to make this happen in a short period of time.
 • CCWG - NOMCOM Review (already completed) and Review Implementation - member - finalizing their work.
 • ATRT3: Accountability and Transparency 3 Review Team, whose work will be completed this May. (He was also responsible for the GAC review at ATRT3- as our LACRALO representative)
 • new gTLD CCWG: new subsequent gTLD procedures.
 • AUCTION - CCWG - member - Auction product - LACRALO representative
 • ALAC –SC - Outreach and participation GT
 • ccNSO PDP WG (as representative of ALAC)
 • (participated in ATLAS 2019 as co-chair of content and was selected to attend ATLAS and, as such, acted as a mentor)

 Also, as everyone knows, I have been a founder and now CEO of DNS WOMEN, an effort to attract more women from around the world to the DNS industry with a training program. The program is not sponsored by ICANN.
 ICANN faces a very challenging period with budget constraints, compliance with the GDPR regulation and the need to review some relevant technical issues, as well as facing a new round of new gTLDs to continue to fulfill its mission. Furthermore, the pandemic impact we now have with COVID19 will bring new ways of working that will become the "new normal" in the lives of all organizations worldwide and ICANN will be no different, therefore the new NOMCOM will also You should consider this new factor when selecting new leaders.
 With the knowledge as a member and President of NOMCOM, added to the work in the NOMCOM Review and the CCWG of implementation of the same review and a long participation in ICANN in different groups, combined with a long professional experience in high positions, I think that really I can contribute for the next years of NOMCOM.
 If selected, my commitment is to be fully accountable to our community and to continue working in all LACRALO and ICANN / ALAC groups.
 I will be open to any questions from the LACRALO / ALAC community.
 Thanks for your attention.

 Vanda Scartezini
 Associated Consultants Polo
 Av. Paulista 1159, cj 1004