[lac-discuss-en] [lac-discuss-es] Reunión Mensual LACRALO Mayo 2020

apisanty at gmail.com apisanty at gmail.com
Thu May 14 17:52:00 UTC 2020

[[-- Translated text (es -> en) --]]

Harold,

 thanks for the invitation. I applaud the return to the "policy" points
 identified as of importance to users in the region.

 I take this opportunity to state that I see well the proposed rules for the
 participation of individual users and I will join it. I estimate
 It is important to consider some of these participants from this same
 time to build the ALS proposal.

 On the subject of DNS Abuse it would be very convenient for the ALS to consult
 with its members and with experts in its environment about the difficulties that
 Find out who is affected by DNS abuse or who
 they fight, on issues like fraud, phishing, fake merchandise, property
 intellectual, etc. Those I know complain very publicly about the
 barriers to access to information found in the rules of the
 "whois" and other protections to personal information, tightened by
 European GDPR. So this discussion of DNS abuse also leads to
 a reflection on the more general subject of protection of registrants
 of domain names. Dave Piscitello's posts make it very clear
 example of this.

 Alexander Pisanty

 On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 11:18 AM Harold Arcos <harold.arcos at gmail.com>
 wrote:

> Estimada Región
>
> Compartimos la agenda propuesta para nuestra próxima reunión mensual
> regional. Como se puede ver el tema central del programa de webinars
> regionales será el *Funcionamiento general y Resiliencia del Sistema de
> Nombres de Dominio DNS*.
>
> *Agenda:*
>
> https://community.icann.org/display/LACRALO/2020-05-18+LACRALO+Monthly+Teleconference
>
> Basados en los aportes y sugerencias de la región tomamos esta oportunidad
> para iniciar una dinámica en la cual podamos conversar, intercambiar,
> debatir y compartir puntos de vista sobre los temas sustanciales que están
> en discusión como por ejemplo *Abuso del DNS*.  Ha sido una necesidad
> histórica que en varias medidas hemos manifestado en la región.
>
> El espacio de intercambio busca iniciar un debate regional que enriquezca
> tanto a miembros nuevos como activos.   Se llevará un registro y luego de
> la Reunión Mensual se continuará a través de la lista de correo para
> finalmente evaluar si es pertinente o necesario elaborar un pronunciamiento
> regional hacia Alac.
>
> Compartimos algunos enlaces relacionados con el DNS;
> > ICANN Org’s Multifaceted Response to DNS Abuse
> https://www.icann.org/news/blog/icann-org-s-multifaceted-response-to-dns-abuse
> > Domain Abuse Activity Reporting  https://www.icann.org/octo-ssr/daar
> > Domain Abuse Activity Reporting (DAAR)SystemReport on data from 31 March
> 2020
> https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/daar-monthly-report-31mar20-en.pdf
>
> Por favor comparte todos los materiales y enlaces que deseen sobre DNS en
> este mismo hilo de correo.
>
> Saludos
>
> Sergio Salinas Porto - Presidente LACRALO
>
> Harold Arcos - Secretaría LACRALO

 -
 Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
 UNAM Faculty of Chemistry
 Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
 +525541444475
 Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
 Join the UNAM group on LinkedIn,
 http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614