[lac-discuss-en] [CPWG] REMINDER / Meeting invitation: At-Large Consolidated Policy Working Group (CPWG) Call on Wednesday, 08 July 2020 at 13:00 UTC

Tijani BEN JEMAA tijani.benjemaa at topnet.tn
Thu Jul 9 08:46:57 UTC 2020

  Hi Alan,

So, that's it: you want us to ask the addition of the geo-name nature of
the string applied for as a criterion for the CPE to decide whether the
application is Community one or not.

In my opinion, it's absolutely irrelevent. Any geo-name could be applied
for by a commercial entity, a government or a community. The fact that it
is a geo-name shouldn't give more credit to the applicat even if it is a
community. Any application is not more community one when it is for the
geo-name string.

Tijani

Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca> a écrit :

> Many geoname TLDs delegated in the last round were in fact community
> applications (although I don't know if any went through the CPE since
> that only happens if they are contested.
>
> The question here is that IF you are applying for a geoname, and IF you
> are applying as a community TLD, then should you get extra points under
> the CPE because it is a geoname (that is, it improves your chances of
> satisfying the CPE and thus winning over some other applicant.
>
> I am not sure we have a strong case for getting this approved, nor am I
> sure it is even worth the effort to try, but I see it as a good thing if
> we could.
>
> Alan
>
> At 2020-07-08 11:50 AM, Tijani BEN JEMAA wrote:
>
>> Dear Jonathan and all,
>>
>> Following up on our discussion today during the CPWG call about the
>> geo-names, I would like to explain why I don’t think that
geo-names
>> should be incorporated into the CPWG evaluation.
>> In fact, the CPE role is to evaluate whether the application is a
>> community application or not (this is what Alan explained and what I
>> agreed on). So how it might be incorporated? as a criterion to decide
>> if the application is a community application? Shall we request that if
>> the application is for a geo-name string, the CPE should consider it as
>> a community application?
>> The CPE evaluates if the applicant represents a community and if the
>> application serves that community whatever the string applied for is
>> (geo-name, language name, culture name, etc.).
>>
>> Tijani
>>
>>> Le 8 juil. 2020 à 07:34, ICANN At-Large Staff
>>> <staff at atlarge.icann.org > a écrit :
>>>
>>> /***IF YOU REQUIRE A DIAL OUT OR NEED TO STATE AN APOLOGY, PLEASE
>>> CONTACT AT-LARGE STAFF AT STAFF at ATLARGE.ICANN.ORG WITH YOUR PREFERRED
>>> NUMBER***/
>>>

>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> The next AT-LARGE CONSOLIDATED POLICY WORKING GROUP (CPWG) CALL is
>>> scheduled for _WEDNESDAY, 08 JULY 2020 AT 13:00 UTC_ FOR 90 MINS.
>>>
>>> For other times: https://tinyurl.com/y9ghlcz3
>>>
>>> The agenda and call details can be found at:
>>> https://community.icann.org/x/XYRIC[1]
>>>
>>> ZOOM ROOM:

HTTPS://ICANN.ZOOM.US/J/97147867051?PWD=NWSWK1DUAUTHCLBXAKSYRC8WEKXCQT09[2]
/ PASSCODE:
>>> 2345CPWG**
>>>

>>> REAL TIME TRANSCRIPTION (RTT) AVAILABLE AT /(SUBJECT TO
>>> AVAILABILITY)/:  https://www.streamtext.net/player?event=ICANN
>>> [streamtext.net] [streamtext.net][3]
>>>
>>> ADIGO Conference Bridge:
>>> EN: 1638
>>> ES: 1738
>>> FR: 1838
>>>
>>> Toll-free access number (US and Canada): 800 550 6865
>>>
>>> Other toll-free numbers:  HTTPS://WWW.ADIGO.COM/ICANN [ADIGO.COM][4]
>>>
>>> At-Large Consolidated Policy Working Group (CPWG) Wiki Space:
>>> HTTPS://COMMUNITY.ICANN.ORG/X/JYDPB[5]
>>>
>>> If you require a dial-out please contact At-Large staff at:
>>> STAFF at ATLARGE.ICANN.ORG
>>>

>>> Thank you.
>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> At-Large Staff
>>>
>>> ICANN Policy Staff in support of the At-Large Community
>>> Website:  atlarge.icann.org [atlarge.icann.org][6]
>>> Facebook:  facebook.com/icann [facebook.com][7]  atlarge
>>> [facebook.com][7]
>>> Twitter:  @ [twitter.com][8]  ICANNAtLarge [twitter.com][8]
>>>
>>> <At-Large Consolidated Policy Working Group (CPWG)
>>> Call[28].ics>_______________________________________________
>>> CPWG mailing list
>>> CPWG at icann.org

>>> delivery altogether (e.g., for a vacation), and so on.
>>
>> Tijani BEN JEMAA

>> delivery altogether (e.g., for a vacation), and so on.

Liens:
------
[1] https://community.icann.org/x/XYRIC
[2] https://icann.zoom.us/j/97147867051?pwd=NWswK1duaUtHclBxaksyRC8wekxCQT09
[3]
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.streamtext.net_player-3Fevent-3DICANN-2520-255bstreamtext.net-255d&d=DwMFAw&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=ds9md1zoepmwqw2nfk-Vs9ssxn1I3jPs97ekKkctEkM&m=3swqZGyi6FKCwbtdXsS00KG30nSf_mvmyNeQfXOhtnE&s=Lv8slVV_rkW85WWduFmCXZqG6gKKvj2Dqn_0ObROKVs&e=
[4]
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.adigo.com_icann&d=DwMFAw&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=v_dW7H6jSlA9nOi38W8-O0NNugHRJaIXFir99n2INTw&s=2UDiAMNbva1Qtvc7Gxe4uYEmKjLJ0Ue93B3VR6GVJPw&e=
[5] https://community.icann.org/x/jYDpB
[6]
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__atlarge.icann.org_&d=DwMFbw&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=ds9md1zoepmwqw2nfk-Vs9ssxn1I3jPs97ekKkctEkM&m=aD5IHW82ib60gM4_5F5DNkT_NsLdtJUGtBDmTkRfPFo&s=93X6eo5QBNEA4dghH6ByIbJdqCYsQp0fnY8sc7Vwwe0&e=
[7]
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_icannatlarge&d=DwMFbw&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=ds9md1zoepmwqw2nfk-Vs9ssxn1I3jPs97ekKkctEkM&m=aD5IHW82ib60gM4_5F5DNkT_NsLdtJUGtBDmTkRfPFo&s=VNZ6ZSmeW2apxVI2RcrRby4-v06-vT5xD0df7SPovEg&e=
[8]
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__twitter.com_ICANNAtLarge&d=DwMFbw&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=ds9md1zoepmwqw2nfk-Vs9ssxn1I3jPs97ekKkctEkM&m=aD5IHW82ib60gM4_5F5DNkT_NsLdtJUGtBDmTkRfPFo&s=6aeZ9cfKyzr-18xGZ1aYRiQLFtYoAkS5DnnZTolk3Jg&e=
[9] https://www.icann.org/privacy/policy
[10] https://www.icann.org/privacy/tos
--
Tijani BENJEMAA