[lac-discuss-en] [lac-discuss-es] VOTE ANNOUNCEMENT (ES): Votar en 2019 LACRALO Elecciones y Principios Operativos

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Tue May 7 05:29:56 UTC 2019

Dear Humberto,

As Carlton has said, there is no retroactivity being applied. The terms of
the chair, secretariat and an ALAC member's terms are ending in 2019 under
our previous OP. With the new OP, new positions and new terms for the chair
and secretary and the new positions apply from now on.

As you have stated, your proposal is to have a person in region D to be
chair for a further two years and a person from region B be secretary for a
further two years. Your proposal offers the current chair and secretariat
to be chair and secretariat for three years in all.

I do not understand the rationale in picking the chair elect and secretary
elect from Region B and Region A respectively, nor the selection of another
ALAC member from Region C.

If I understood your proposal, if implemented it would mean that:
- one region will have both ALAC seats every other year.
- the Chair will be from region D for 5 years from 2018 to 2026.
- the secretary will be from region B for 5 years from 2018 up to 2024.

But I may have misunderstood. To prevent misunderstandings, I suggest that
a table be done showing how the terms of the positions and how the election
cycle would work for each year, up to 2026 so we all in LACRALO can fully
understand.
I will do the same for "my" proposal also.

Kind Regards,

Dev Anand

On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 3:13 PM Humberto Carrasco <hcarrascob at gmail.com>