[lac-discuss-en] LACRALO IDN- MULTILINGUISMO WG

sylvia at internautabrasil.org sylvia at internautabrasil.org
Mon Jul 8 17:44:07 UTC 2019

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject: LACRALO IDN- MULTILINGUISMO WG
Desde:sylvia at internautabrasil.org

Dear members of LACRALO:

At the invitation of the presidency and the secretariat of the region
June 2019 I am leading the working group of LACRALO on IDN-
MULTILINGUISM. As we know it is one of the Working Groups that we have
in the Region to integrate ourselves more effectively into the work within
of the ICANN ecosystem. A tremendous result of the Working Group of
LACRALO Governance.

I want to share how we are working.

We have divided and organized our work in stages:

Stage 1: Enlargement of the group - until 07/15/19
So far we have 14 members and we have representatives of 11
countries Of course we keep open the invitation to get involved
with the themes and proposals of the working group.

Stage 2: IDN MULTILINGUISM - until 08/15/19
Information gathering of the languages spoken in our region and
verification of its use on the Internet.

Stage 3: Universal Acceptance (UA) - until the
10/15/19
As everyone knows since we participated in the December webinar
past, Universal Acceptance is the state in which all the names of
domain and valid e-mail addresses are accepted, validated,
stored, processed and exhibited correctly and consistently by
all applications, devices and systems that use the Internet.
Many systems do not recognize or properly process new names of
domain (for various reasons) and the same goes for the addresses of
e-mail.

In Brazil, a very important study has been done with the 50 most important domains
used in the country, giving a result not very satisfactory in what is
refers to Universal Acceptance, however with great contributions on what
what must be done from those results.

That's why with the help of Mark Datysged, from Governance Primer,
We decided to do a survey about what happens in the other countries
region of.

I invite those interested in these issues to manifest it until the
7/15/19, which is when we will close Stage 1, Enlargement of the
Group.Please write to Harold, harold.arcos at gmail.com

We work through our mailing list:
lac-multi-idn-wg at icann.org and we are scheduled to meet by
Teleconference every 2 months.

For more information about our working group please consult
Our WIKI:
https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId အ 3823