[lac-discuss-en] [Reunión Mensual 21-01-2019] Enlaces presentaciones

alberto Soto alberto at soto.net.ar
Wed Jan 23 16:11:29 UTC 2019

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]
[[--This message had format issues and was not translated properly--]]

Subject:Re:  [lac-discuss-en]  [Reunión Mensual 21-01-2019] Enlaces presentaciones
Desde:alberto Soto <alberto at soto.net.ar>

Dear Carlton, in the first instance you have to congratulate Maureen. The important modification in the structure of ALAC and conform the ALT +, I believe that they are already giving results. Yes, a lot is missing, but it has begun. This was done considering the results of the At.large revision, and the first activities were prioritized based on them, with a very tight date in the calendar.
The first result was the proposal to the Board, of the implementation plan of AT-Large Review, fulfilled in time and form.
Previously ALT meetings were only for those designated as such. Now several of us who are not members of ALAC were designated for a specific function such as mine and the organizational area, and the leadership of each RALO must also participate, that is, we are part of that group and therefore we can give our opinion.
It is evident that there is concern and we are seeing how to increase the participation of ALSs and individual members, but it is a task that should carry more weight in the leaders of each RALO, according to my humble opinion.
A bad example: I asked an important question for a probable meeting with the RIRS in Kobe, and of the 54 organizations of our RALO answered two ALS with concrete proposals and one of support and general ideas. It is not the way we will produce contributions to the generation or modification of policies within ICANN.
I will personally deal with the issue of participation and I hope to have more collaboration.
Best regards

Alberto Soto +54 911 6212 5559