[lac-discuss-en] 2019 Nominating Committee Priorities and Agenda

Tracy F. Hackshaw @ Google tracyhackshaw at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 00:47:55 UTC 2019

Damon Ashcraft, 2019 Nominating Committee (NomCom) Chair, provides an
update on NomCom's efforts to find best candidates for open #ICANN
leadership positions. Click here to read Ashcraft's blog.

https://www.icann.org/news/blog/2019-nominating-committee-priorities-and-agenda

2019 Nominating Committee Priorities and Agenda

On behalf of the 2019 Nominating Committee (NomCom), I would like to update
the community on our efforts to find the best candidates for open
ICANN leadership
positions. The NomCom met for the first time at ICANN63 in Barcelona and
was officially seated when the meeting concluded. In Barcelona, we adopted
our 2019 Operating Procedures and began our work with the ICANN organization
to retain professional firms to assist us with recruiting the best
candidates. We will be sharing the status of our search for members of the
ICANN Board, the Public Technical Identifiers Board (PTI), the Generic
Names Supporting Organization(GNSO) Council, the Country Code Names Supporting
Organization (ccNSO) Council, and the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) in
a series of future blogs.

One of the major items we discussed in Barcelona was our effort to make the
NomCom more transparent. We plan on hosting at least one public session at
ICANN64 in Kobe, Japan, and are making a concerted effort to disclose as
much information as possible about our timeline, processes, and other
details important to the community. We will continue to keep candidate
information and our internal deliberations confidential to respect all the
candidates who apply for positions.

Along those lines, I want to reiterate that the NomCom is designed to work
with and for the ICANN community. Thus, if you have questions about our
work or other matters, please reach out and ask. If you have candidates
that you think would be good leaders, please let us know their names so
that we can work with you to recruit them.

If you have not had an opportunity to view it yet, please take a minute to
check out the introductory video
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SByPApVcj0I> featuring the NomCom
leadership team. Please review our webpage
<https://www.icann.org/nomcom2019>, which includes a description of the
positions that we will fill, lists our members, describes our timeline, and
includes links to our Operating Procedures, Guidelines, and Code of Conduct.

You can expect blog entries from myself or our communications committee on
a regular basis. Please contact any member of the NomCom with questions. I
can be reached at dashcraft at swlaw.com. I would enjoy hearing from you.