[lac-discuss-en] Posición de LACRALO

Alejandro Acosta alejandroacostaalamo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 18:25:33 UTC 2019

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]
[[--This message had format issues and was not translated properly--]]

Subject:Re:  Posición de LACRALO
Desde:Alejandro Acosta <alejandroacostaalamo at gmail.com>

Hello Harold, thank you very much for your email,

Can I write? ..., I'm afraid they'll tell me that since I'm not a "boss" I can not say anything ... well, I'm going to take the risk because you wrote directly to me.

I will go in parts:

one)
What do I want ?, that LACRALO make a manifestation and take a position in terms of the search for an Internet, free, without blockages, that is: One world one Internet

2) Thanks for the ICANN status, in fact I know them pretty well.

3) Regarding the MoU, I was referring to the one signed by AFRALO (I do not know if APRALO also has it), it explicitly indicates

"4. represent user's interests and defining public interest aspects of Internet governance with specific focus on the areas of: I. Privacy ii. Free Speech iii. Net neutrality iv.open access Memorandum of Understanding Between ICANN and the Founders in the African Region Page 2 v. transparency vi. accountability "

Please emphasize the words: "with specific focus"

As you know, it is also a document signed by ICANN, so it has an important precedent. It would be great to add those words to the MoU LACRALO <---> ICANN

You can get the AFRALO MoU with ICANN in:https://archive.icann.org/en/announcements/afralo-mou-en.pdf

Or does ICANN only support these things in other parts of the world and not in LAC?

I understand that for the previous thing it is possible to take a vote of the people / ALSs, correct ?.That is, I request a motion from points 1 and 3 expressed above.

Thank you,

Alexander,