[lac-discuss-en] Posición de LACRALO

Alejandro Acosta alejandroacostaalamo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 05:11:40 UTC 2019

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]
[[--This message had format issues and was not translated properly--]]

Subject:Re:  Posición de LACRALO
Desde:Alejandro Acosta <alejandroacostaalamo at gmail.com>

Hello Tocayo,

You have no idea how much I appreciate your comments. Unfortunately in this email I will not point to anyone specifically.

I would like to mention (in the same context of ideas), that I received communications from several people who in private showed some possibility of at least one letter or mention by some ALS or with much luck of LACRALO, I hope so.

I take the opportunity to indicate that despite having many years in the middle (> two decades) I consider myself quite new in this world of LACRALO. However, I am no stranger to his work and I have always felt a deep respect for several of my friends who have passed through here.

Today a person from ICANN sent an email to another list and it had written -among other things- "to help guarantee a global, unified, stable and secure Internet". In my super humble opinion I feel that LACRALO does not follow these words.Ojo, I do not want to criticize the current chair or any, not least the previous ones, I even put myself in this bag too ..., I just feel that something can be done and that our duty is to do it.

What can be done?.
1) Identify countries, cities, people where the Internet is not free, unified, secure, etc., etc.
2) The same of countries "that break" Internet, DNS, etc., etc.
3) Countries that do not comply with a, b, c, d of cybersecurity
4) Much more

aha, they identified
then what? ..., contact, teach, move with them, converse, TAKE a position, offer a hand, etc., etc.

I am going to extend myself a little more .., eye, once again I recognize that I have very little experience in LACRALO, what I am going to say is not necessarily "achievable"

- LACRALO probably wants to discuss technical topics but they focus on the political (I talk about the politically correct and / or get involved)
- When it's not something political you want to take to the economic (my thinking reviewing the history of the list .., I reviewed hundreds of messages)

What I feel with the last two points is that they place a giant stone to advance in some points.

Gentlemen, what LACRALO does (and does not do) has a VERY big impact on the Internet of Latam. The only thing that we are all looking for is a better Internet in each country of our region,

Regards,

Alexander,
P.S.
Finally, regarding the involvement of the workplace of one of our representatives, I dare not say anything at this time.