[lac-discuss-en] ALAC Members de LACRALO

León Felipe Sánchez Ambía leonfelipe at sanchez.mx
Tue Apr 23 18:42:22 UTC 2019

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject:Re:  ALAC Members de LACRALO
Desde:=?utf-8?Q?Le=C3=B3n_Felipe_S=C3=A1nchez_Amb=C3=ADa?=
 <leonfelipe at sanchez.mx>

Dear Alberto, Sent from my iPad On 23 Apr 2019, at 12:37, <alberto at soto.net.ar><alberto at soto.net.ar> wrote:
Dear, as most of you know, there are several of us who attend monthly ALAC meetings without having to attend.
In today's monthly meeting, at the beginning there was only one ALAC Member of LACRALO, Ricardo Holmquist who has practically perfect attendance. Besides, we were without obligation, Vanda and me.A few minutes later, Dev joined, who also attends several meetings and WGs.
A second ALAC Member of LACRALO entered the half hour and the rest was absent and did not send apologies.
In many of the monthly ALAC and ALT + meetings, the same thing is happening.
And it is in those meetings where the ALAC Board usually reaches consensus, including voting, requests information from the parties, etc. Today we talked in particular about the upcoming elections.
In all the moments before the elections, my question was whether all the applicants would have the time necessary to fulfill all their obligations, and everyone always answered that they would have that time.
My question is related to the fact that these faults can only be justified for reasons of force majeure that are occasional. It can not be said that it is not fulfilled because it is voluntary, because those who are elected have greater obligations than others.
It is that these faults make our Ralo not have an adequate representation, and the missing members do not have enough information to be able to represent us.I am not the only one who has observed this, there are several members of our Ralo who have commented in private.
I think we will have to emphasize this point in the next elections. And those who apply ensure that they will be able to fulfill the obligations they assume when accepting the position.

Best regards

Alberto Soto
_______________________________________________ lac-discuss-en mailing listlac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.orghttps://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/lac-discuss-eshttp://www.lacralo.org

[[--Original text (es)
Translated by transbot 2.18-2.04
http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/0ec4055ccd.html