[lac-discuss-en] Llamado: consenso sobre métricas / Call: consensus on metrics

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 01:57:40 UTC 2018

Well, anyway, here's my comments

The phrase "LACRALO shall use the following criteria and thresholds to
measure ALS participation within our region and in At-Large
activities." lists two points 1 and 2.

The 2nd point says "No ALS shall be able to apply for funding for a
representative to attend face-to-face meetings held, sponsored and
funded by ICANN, unless...."

However this point doesn't list criteria and therefore shouldn't be
numbered as its not related to the paragraph "LACRALO shall use the
following criteria ..." .

A bigger issue is the overreach by LACRALO in the "No ALS shall be
able to apply for funding for a representative to attend face-to-face
meetings held....." statement. Many ALSes and their At-Large
representatives are involved in other ICANN stakeholder groups (e.g
NCUC) and some members of ALSes representatives are GAC members.
LACRALO cannot and should not impose such conditions if
representatives are eligible and able to attend on behalf of other
ICANN stakeholder groups.

The phrase can be adjusted by saying "No ALS representative shall be
able to apply for funding as a representative from LACRALO to attend
face-to-face meetings held, sponsored and funded by ICANN."

Dev Anand