[lac-discuss-en] Saludos a todos y todas

Sergio Salinas Porto presidencia at internauta.org.ar
Fri Oct 26 08:05:08 UTC 2018

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]
[[--This message had format issues and was not translated properly--]]

Subject: Saludos a todos y todas
Desde:Sergio Salinas Porto <presidencia at internauta.org.ar>

Dear friends, today begins a new stage, a stage that could not be faced with courage and wanting to do things if it were not for the great work done by Humberto and Maritza, who left a very high yardstick for this new leadership. We must work hard to overcome this work.
As a result of this work, we have three documents under discussion in our community, of which four are proposed, which will almost complete the work of the Governance Group, gestated from the regional mediation process.
It will be in a sense a new beginning, a refounding of LACRALO.
The ALAC context tells us that we have an important mission within the At-Large Review Implementation Working Group (ARIWG).
ICANN is implementing strong budget management policies. We must manage the budget in Lacralo very well.There are strong restrictions on the use of the budget in general. Example: Part of the ICANN Staff did not travel to Barcelona, expenses have been reduced to the maximum.
We will deepen our Outreach & Engagement plan to be effective in regional activities, this must be strategic for our region.
This new stage in LACRALO, has the objective of modifying our way of working and aiming to generate a model of leadership that implies greater participation and responsibilities on the part of all of us.
All of us are responsible for the present and future of LACRALO.
We believe in a Multiple Leadership model, with a focus on the processes of policy participation within ICANN.
In this new stage some organizational changes will be implemented in the region, trying to optimize time and being more incisive when working on policies.
There will be a call to form working groups on topics that are being broadcast in ICANN.
We will work on the Strategic Plan of LACRALO, which is set as the north for this management and for the next ones to come.
The Genéro theme is a great topic that we must have in our agenda.
A training team will be set up that takes into account the needs of the region and the LAs that make them up.
It is necessary to set in motion the Emeritus Council once it is approved
Participation metrics will be noted from its approval, it will be part of how to measure the progress of our next strategic plan from now on.
Once the Operating Principles have been approved, we will begin to prepare the Operating Rules.
We are committed to trying to reactivate reciprocal collaboration agreements with LACNIC.
We will organize a communication team who will be in charge of the social media of the region and an electronic bulletin of LACRALO, to disseminate the collective activities that we will carry out here, the work of the working groups and the different activities of Latin America and the Caribbean
All this will be set in motion, it remains to close some operational issues so that this ambitious work plan and user empowerment can be put in place, in the coming weeks this management team and leadership, will take the last steps to start work in this direction.
We send a big hug to everyone.
Sergio Salinas Porto (President), Harold Arcos (Secretary)
Sergio Salinas Porto President Argentine Internaut Argentina Association of Internet Users / FeTIA / CTA FLUI- Latin American Federation of Internet Users facebook: salinasporto twitter: sergiosalinas Youtube: salinasporto Skype: internautaargentina Mobi: +54 9 223 5 215819 "Hopefully we can be disobedient, every time we receive orders that humiliate our conscience or violate our common sense "Eduardo Galeano

[[--Original text (es)
Translated by transbot 2.18-2.04
http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/abd7dd3da7.html