[lac-discuss-en] Verisign/NTIA Cooperation Agreement

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Thu May 17 20:16:47 UTC 2018

See the reference in this story. So now, the USG/Verisign Cooperation
Agreement runs thru November 2018.  The $7.85 price cap was a feature of
that Agreement.

However, if memory serves, the Amendment to the RA in October 2016 pursuant
to the Transition embedded and extended the price cap thru November 2024.

Um, would not the Amendment to the RA in 2016 in respect of price caps
supercede the terms of any Cooperation Agreement to come? And given the
Transition, should we care whether another round of the CA would have any
material impact? Do we have a sense of where the NTIA's ruminations are
headed?

https://domainnamewire.com/2018/05/17/now-is-the-time-to-join-ica/

-Carlton

*Carlton A Samuels*

*Mobile: 876-818-1799Strategy, Process, Governance, Assessment & Turnaround*