[lac-discuss-en] Nominacion a cargos de Lacralo.

Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez G. crg at isoc-cr.org
Thu May 3 03:39:49 UTC 2018

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject:Re:  Nominacion a cargos de Lacralo.
Desde:"Carlos =?utf-8?b?UmHDumwgR3V0acOpcnJleg==?= G." <crg at isoc-cr.org>

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC \-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN\>
I share 100% the appreciation of our beloved Antonio, that this looks like a game of musical chairs. And this is not to discourage anyone.
Some of us already play that role in other groups within ICANN, where we all suffer from voluntary fatigue.So for the moment do not steal Juan Manuel from his excellent work at NPOC, which has cost us much to renew that group, and just with Martin Silva and Juan Manuel bring young people to work directly in the development of GNSO policies. With everything and what I want to LACRALO, it is the ultimate goal of the community to be most involved and close to the process that defines a new governance, at least as far as domain names are concerned. And believe me you need LAC heads in the GNSO.
But returning to our musical chairs, we have to support the next President in the coming months to one of the most important tasks, which is to translate everything
mediated
in new statutes that not only carry the goodwill that we have gained in this effort, but that energizes the election processes to regain a cortical mass within ALAC and not just be seeing us at the navel.
In that sense, I hope that all that is offered are fully committed to having a new statutory framework after the end of one year, and well in advance of the next elections in 2019.Sergio has already taken the initiative to lead the process of the new statutes. That's why I think we should all support not only his candidacy, but his work in the coming months, because his work is finally sealed. And I think that there is no more important goal at the moment than to take that task together to a good port beyond any role that these elections formally give us.
Furthermore, I consider it vital that these elections are carried out under the objectives that we have not yet established in terms of sub-regional representation and gender parity. Otherwise we will not be credible to ourselves and to the young people that we want to attract to LACRALO.
Therefore, for this exceptional year that we have ahead, I believe that all candidates should think about the best way to help LACRALO as a whole and focus their proposals in that way.
For my part, I am willing to resign my position in the GNSO council, in order to support Sergio from the position of secretary or member of the executive committee of LACRALO, if this can be accommodated within the subregional balance (Costa Rica is part of the mainland of the hemisphere, but with a beautiful coast towards the Caribbean Sea), gender balance and the capabilities of each, which in my case and for this occasion are in particular to work simultaneously in both Spanish and English and to some extent in French (unfortunately my portuà ol is null). Of course there are better candidates, and I hope that they also appear.
So I beg those who are not in a position to offer more of their time, please evaluate all the candidacies in the short term in order to achieve this balance and representativeness so necessary at this time.
Goodnight everyone.
Carlos Raul
Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez +506 8837 7176 Skype: carlos.raulg Current UTC offset: -6.00 (Costa Rica)