[lac-discuss-en] Fwd: [ALAC-Announce] IMPORTANT: Call for Membership for At-Large IDN Policy Working Group deadline of 4 May

Vanda Scartezini vanda at scartezini.org
Tue May 1 18:54:42 UTC 2018

Recent workshop in Asia region had raised relevant points related to IDN and how useless they are for the different scripts communities.
I believe we shall pay attention on why there is so low interest in the IDNS by the communities everyone thought could be the beneficiaries. Looks like IDNs are not at all working for facilitate or include better these communities.
 The main issue , as I see it – IDNs implementation hadn’t , really, listened to the community before implemented.
 The idea as a whole looks in need to be redefined.

Vanda Scartezini
Polo Consultores Associados
Av. Paulista 1159, cj 1004
01311-200- Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil