[lac-discuss-en] Motion presented by Alejandro Pisanty - "Operating Standards for ICANN Specific Reviews"

Dr. Alejandro Pisanty Baruch apisan at unam.mx
Tue Jan 30 15:06:15 UTC 2018

Bart,

when decisions are made by the SO/AC leadership, incentives and negotiations structurally favor the known (people, organizations) that will not question the incumbent. Before the IANA transition the Board was able to introduce a degree of independence that for now has not been recovered. This is a paradoxal effect of the design that has as its main thrust the positive, desired goal of making ICANN robust against capture by specific inerests, notably governments.

Yours,

Alejandro Pisanty

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
Facultad de Química UNAM
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

+52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD

+525541444475 DESDE MÉXICO SMS +525541444475
Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty
---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org