[lac-discuss-en] Motion presented by Alejandro Pisanty - "Operating Standards for ICANN Specific Reviews"

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 01:43:58 UTC 2018

I think inclusiveness is always laudable and should be a
consistently-applied principle in promoting multi-stakeholder solutions,
especially in the governance matters related to the domain name system.

Team member selection is the specific issue referenced by Alejandro's
motion.  And the consultations now underway for "Operating Standards for
ICANN-specific Reviews" does have something to say about that.  It suggests
'*community selection*' as the preferred model.  So maybe what we need is a
re-definition of '*community*' within the ICANN context.

A couple of questions. Would that presentation of the proposed Operating
Standards for Review Teams address the issue raised by Alejandro?

And if we think it is inadequate to task, would it not be more helpful if

https://www.icann.org/public-comments/reviews-standards-2017-10-17-en

-Carlton

*Carlton A Samuels*

*Mobile: 876-818-1799Strategy, Planning, Governance, Assessment &
Turnaround*

On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 10:47 PM, Maritza Y. Aguero Minano <myaguero at msn.com