[lac-discuss-en] Moción presentada por Alejandro Pisanty - "Operating Standards for ICANN Specific Reviews".

Maritza Y. Aguero Minano myaguero at msn.com
Mon Jan 29 03:36:40 UTC 2018

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject: Moción presentada por Alejandro Pisanty - "Operating Standards for ICANN Specific Reviews".
Desde:"Maritza Y. Aguero Minano" <myaguero at msn.com>

Dear members of LACRALO, As reported in the monthly LACRALO call of the month of January, Alejandro Pisanty has planted the following: "The ICANN Consultation Guidelines for Reviews document (ICANN activities) is on the ICANN side. : //www.icann.org/public-comments/reviews-standards-2017-10-17-en] "Operating Standards for ICANN Specific Reviews".MOTION: LACRALO must request the Board and the leaders of the SOs and ACs to review the procedures to integrate the "Review Teams". The result of this review should be the inclusion of people in the RTs as a matter of law without requiring the approval of the SO / AC leaders as a whole. RATIONALE: the current system forms a closed system in which it is not possible to include independent opinions. The process describes the hiring of "independent experts" but this refers exclusively to consultants who will be selected in a similar way. The result of this closed cycle was not long in coming: revision "SSRT2" or 2a.DNS stability, security and ro
 bustness review has been put on hold for not achieving progress, which in my analysis is at least partly due to the closed constitution of the work team. DECLARATION OF INTEREST: I know the process in detail for having presided over the initial SSRT (2010) and submitted a request for participation in the second one and discussions with the presidents of the Board, SSAC and ALAC, as well as other members of those organizations.I would very much like to thank the Secretariat for the copy of this motion for the documents that will be reviewed this afternoon, as the matter structurally affects the decisions made by the CCWG that led the IANA transition. "In this sense, we would like to initiate a consultation Consent to approve the motion presented by Alejandro Pisanty This request for consensus will be made available to the Community for a period of three (03) days counted from Monday, January 29, 2018, that is, it will end on Thursday, December 1 February 2018.The term that we are gra
 nting is due to the time elapsed since the request was made and due to the importance of the subject. In the following link you can find the Motion presented by Alejandro Pisanty: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId 㵹 432176 This call for consensus is based on number 12.8 of the LACRALO RoP, being that the It will be considered successful in the absence of significant opposition to it. Greetings, Humberto Carrasco - PresidentLACRALO Maritza Aguero - Secretary LACRALO

[[--Original text (es)
Translated by transbot 2.18-2.04
http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/1852ee56ea.html