[lac-discuss-en] CROP quitado del presupuesto de ICANN

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Feb 15 02:39:03 UTC 2018

Alejandro, regarding #1, According to
https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/draft-fy19-opplan-budget-questions-responses-13feb18-en.pdf,
#13, CROP was eliminated this year, to compensate for the higher
costs of the ICANN meeting locations and in order to not reduce the
number of funded travellers to ICANN meetings. Of course, once it is
gone this year, it will be easy to not restart it even if meeting
costs go down.

When the meeting strategy group said we should travel to various
parts of the world and not just use hub cities, I do not think that
they understood that this might be a result. Perhaps the answer would
be different if it was understood.

One can ask lots of questions here, about what other parts of ICANN
are having reduced travel funding. At the same time, the overall
SO/AC budget was cut in half, and that is another source that has
been used for travel in the past.

Your Question #2 is key. Can we show that there were real benefits
from past CROP(P) trips. And of course I mean not only for LACRALO
but other RALOs and other parts of ICANN as well.

Alan