[lac-discuss-en] LLAMADA DE CONSENSO - Principios Operativos de LACRALO - hasta Viernes 21 de Diciembre

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Tue Dec 18 01:39:47 UTC 2018

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]
[[--This message had format issues and was not translated properly--]]

Subject: LLAMADA DE CONSENSO - Principios Operativos de
 LACRALO - hasta Viernes 21 de Diciembre
Desde:ICANN At-Large Staff <staff at atlarge.icann.org>

Message sent on behalf of the President and Secretary of LACRALO,

Dear members of LACRALO

As you know, the Working Group on Governance has been working on a series of reforms to the operating principles of LACRALO.

They were opportunely put in consideration of the community and the contributions and suggestions made by all were taken into account.

In the following link you can see the draft Operational Principles (see documents in Spanish and English in red):

https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId㶄 216695

We seek to approve this rule by consensus.

Therefore, from 23:00 UTC on 12/17/2018 until 23:00 UTC on 12/21/2018, comments will be received on the LACRALO list and / or on the wiki. If there is significant opposition, we will proceed to vote on the proposed amendment. Meaningful opposition is understood for these purposes if 5 (five) or more ALS are against.

If there is no consensus, there will be a voting process that will start on January 9 at 23:00 UTC and end on January 16, 2018 at 23:00 UTC.

We base this procedure on Article 12.8 of the current Rules of Procedure of LACRALO.

This rule states:

12.8 The Assembly will proceed by general agreement to decide on the matters presented to it (when these are not related to the procedures). Voting should be used only when necessary, in cases where general agreement can not be reached.When a vote is required on a matter not related to the proceedings, the measure will be accepted if it receives two thirds of the votes of the ALSs present that vote.

Sergio Salinas Porto (President) and Harold Arcos (Secretary)

Kind Regards,

ICANN Policy Staff in support of the At-Large Community
Website: atlarge.icann.org
Facebook: facebook.com/icannatlarge
Twitter: @ICANNAtLarge

[[--Original text (es)