[lac-discuss-en] REMINDER VOTE ANNOUNCEMENT (ES): Mocion de LACRALO sobre la Declaracion del ALAC KSK Rollover

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Fri Apr 27 11:02:37 UTC 2018

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]
[[--This message had format issues and was not translated properly--]]

Subject: REMINDER VOTE ANNOUNCEMENT (ES): Mocion de LACRALO
 sobre la Declaracion del ALAC KSK Rollover
Desde:ICANN At-Large Staff <staff at atlarge.icann.org>

v \\: * {behavior: url (# default # VML);} or \\: * {behavior: url (# default # VML);} w \\: * {behavior: url (# default # VML);} .shape {behavior: url (# default # VML);}
*** Reminder that the vote closes on Monday, April 30 at 23 UTC. ***

Dear all,

ALAC STATEMENT ON THE KSK ROLLOVER - ES
MOTION - KSK ROLLOVER

On behalf of the leaders of LACRALO, we are launching the following vote from Wednesday, April 25 to Monday, April 30, at 23 UTC.

Alejandro Pisanty's motion says:

Colleagues,

In ALAC Statement on the KSK Rolloverse you can see what ALAC will put to the vote to express the opinion of the users about the KSK process, which as we all know is the rotation of the "keys" of the PKI system (public key cryptography) of the system DNSSEC that protects the domain name system (DNS) against some significant attacks.

The text does not include the proposal that we made here in LACRALO that the ALSs assume a role in the dissemination of this process among ISPs, other providers, civil society, technical community and governments within our reach. Moreover, said text was included in a preliminary version and eliminated in the final. Eliminating the co-responsibility of the ALS puts us again in the role of petitioners who do not contribute with their own decision to the security, stability and robustness of the DNS, the primary responsibility of ICANN.

For this reason, I call on our ALAC representatives to insist on the inclusion of this text and, if it is not achieved, vote against the approval of the proposed text. Consider this proposal as a formal motion and proceed in abbreviated time so that it can be decided before the ALAC vote. If these times are not possible, be ex post-facto as a protest.

Do you agree to approve the protest motion presented by Mr. Alejandro Pisanty?
AND IT IS
DO NOT

The voting process will be governed by articles 12 (especially 2.8), 19 and 20 of the Rules of Procedure.

Best regards,

ICANN Policy Staff in support of the At-Large Community E-mail: staff at atlarge.icann.org Website: atlarge.icann.org Facebook: facebook.com/icannatlarge Twitter: @ICANNAtLarge

[[--Original text (es)
Translated by transbot 2.18-2.04