[lac-discuss-en] REMINDER VOTE ANNOUNCEMENT (EN): LACRALO Motion on the ALAC Statement on KSK Rollover

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Fri Apr 27 11:00:46 UTC 2018

*** Reminder that the vote closes on Monday, April 30 at 23 UTC. ***

Dear All,

On behalf of the leaders of LACRALO we are launching the next vote from Wednesday, April 25 to Monday, April 30, at 23 UTC.

Alejandro Pisanty's motion says:

Colleagues,

In ALAC Statement on the KSK Rollover<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_dw28B&d=DwMDaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=ds9md1zoepmwqw2nfk-Vs9ssxn1I3jPs97ekKkctEkM&m=LqLLP6jzmm647EMb_Yo56RDX42OnpsMqVFVxbG7RH-I&s=82TXan0oJ-ry3pA5L> you can see what the ALAC will put to the vote to express the opinion of the users about the KSK process, which as we all know is the rotation of the "keys" of the PKI system (public key cryptography) of the DNSSEC system that protects the system of domain names (DNS) against some significant attacks.

The text does not include the proposal that we made here in LACRALO that the ALSes assume a role in the dissemination of this process among ISPs, other providers, civil society, technical community and governments within our reach. Moreover, said text was included in a preliminary version and eliminated in the final. Eliminating the co-responsibility of the ALS puts us again in the role of petitioners who do not contribute with their own decision to the security, stability and robustness of the DNS, the primary responsibility of ICANN.

For this reason, I call on our ALAC representatives to insist on the inclusion of this text and, if it is not achieved, vote against the approval of the proposed text. Consider this proposal as a formal motion and proceed in abbreviated time so that it can be decided before the ALAC vote. If these times are not possible, be ex post-facto as a protest.

Are you in agreement with the motion presented by Mr. Alejandro Pisanty?
YES
NO

The voting process will be governed by Articles 12 (especially 12.8), 19 and 20 of the Rules of Procedure<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_cxDxAg&d=DwMDaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=ds9md1zoepmwqw2nfk-Vs9ssxn1I3jPs97ekKkctEkM&m=LqLLP6jzmm647EMb_Yo56RDX42OnpsMqVFVxbG7RH-I&s=ZDnh0oY5Ceshjble>.

Kind Regards,

ICANN Policy Staff in support of the At-Large Community
E-mail: staff at atlarge.icann.org<mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org>
Website: atlarge.icann.org<http://atlarge.icann.org/>
Facebook: facebook.com/icannatlarge<http://www.facebook.com/icannatlarge>
Twitter: @ICANNAtLarge<http://www.twitter.com/ICANNAtLarge>