[lac-discuss-en] Reporte del NomCom

José Ovidio Salgueiro salgueiro.jo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 16:21:14 UTC 2018

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject: Reporte del NomCom
Desde:=?UTF-8?Q?Jos=C3=A9_Ovidio_Salgueiro?= <salgueiro.jo at gmail.com>

Good morning to all.

As you know, the deliberations of NomCom and its results are kept confidential due to the nature of its functions. That is why it is difficult to inform the community that has selected me as its representative of the progress of the processes that take place there. Based on these premises, I am pleased to inform you of the following:

Last weekend the NomCom met in Washington DC between Friday the 6th and Sunday the 8th of April. In three days of intense full-time work, the objectives set for the meeting were achieved, which would have been very difficult to achieve in telephone conferences. That is why I believe that the intersessional meeting that created controversy in the community was essential to do a job well done as your responsibility requires it.

I have asked for authorization from the leadership team who has authorized me to inform the community that in this meeting each and every one of the applications received was commented on in detail and the first cut was made of candidates who pass to a future consideration. The process now runs its course with the candidates who were selected to move forward.

Sincerely,

Jose Ovidio Salgueiro

-
José Ovidio Salgueiro A. salgueiro.jo at gmail.com