[lac-discuss-en] Voto ALAC sobre KSK- publicada en la pagina wiki

Maritza Y. Aguero Minano myaguero at msn.com
Sat Apr 7 05:46:02 UTC 2018

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]
[[--This message had format issues and was not translated properly--]]

Subject:Re:  Voto ALAC sobre KSK- publicada en la pagina
	wiki
Desde:"Maritza Y. Aguero Minano" <myaguero at msn.com>

Thank you very much dear Silvia!

Regards,

Maritza

From: Silvia Vivanco <silvia.vivanco at icann.org> Sent: Friday, April 6, 2018 07:35 pm To: Maritza Y. Aguero Minano; Humberto Carrasco; Alejandro Pisanty CC: lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org; ICANN At-Large Staff Subject: RE: [lac-discuss-en] Vote ALAC on KSK- published on the wiki page

Dear Maritza,

The wiki has been opened and the text of the motion presented by Alejandro Pisanty in Spanish and English has been placed.

https://community.icann.org/display/LACRALO/Motion+-+KSK+Rollover

According to the indicated, the comment period is open until April 11.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Silvia

Silvia Vivanco
Manager, At Large Regional Affairs
ICANN | Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
www.icann.org

Dear Humberto,

Thank you very much for your indications.

Dear ICANN Staff,

Please create the respective wiki. We will be responsible for placing the comments made on the wiki to be created.

The motion sent by Alejandro Pisanty is that of April 4 and is as follows:

"From: lac-discuss-es <lac-discuss-es-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org> On behalf of Alejandro Pisanty

Sent on: Wednesday, April 04, 2018 03:13 pm To: LACRALO <lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org> Subject: [lac-discuss-en] Vote ALAC on KSK

Colleagues,

at https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Workspace%3A+Plan+to+Restart+the+Root+Key+Signing+Key+%28KSK%29+Rollover+Process[community.icann .org] you can see what ALAC will vote on to express the opinion of the users about the KSK process, which as we all know is the rotation of the "keys" of the PKI system (public key cryptography) of the DNSSEC system that It protects the domain name system (DNS) against some significant attacks.

The text does not include the proposal that we made here in LACRALO that the ALSs assume a role in the dissemination of this process among ISPs, other providers, civil society, technical community and governments within our reach. Moreover, said text was included in a preliminary version and eliminated in the final. Eliminating the co-responsibility of the ALS puts us again in the role of petitioners who do not contribute with their own decision to the security, stability and robustness of the DNS, the primary responsibility of ICANN.

For this reason, I call on our ALAC representatives to insist on the inclusion of this text and, if it is not achieved, vote against the approval of the proposed text. Consider this proposal as a formal motion and proceed in abbreviated time so that it can be decided before the ALAC vote. If these times are not possible, be ex post-facto as a protest.

Alejandro Pisanty "

Also, as indicated by Humberto, starting today and until Wednesday, April 11 at 23:59 UTC, the deadline to submit comments is opened.

Thank you.

Regards,

Maritza

From: lac-discuss-es <lac-discuss-es-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org> on behalf of Humberto Carrasco <hcarrascob at gmail.com> Sent: Friday, April 6, 2018 03:28 pm To: Alejandro Pisanty CC: lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org Subject: Re: [lac-discuss-en] Vote ALAC on KSK

Dear Alejandro,

I would like to apologize. For professional reasons, I was appointed by the rector of the University where I work as a member of the negotiating committee before a union.

I have spent in extensive meetings in another city than the one I live in (Antofagasta), which is where meetings take place. I have not had the opportunity to meet your requirements and those of the region as I would have liked. These meetings last from 8 to 10 hours a day. Only yesterday evening, I was able to return to the city and the other week I should continue like this. This until April 23 in principle.

As you will understand my work obligations have prevented me from reacting with the urgency you suggest. Our participation in Lacralo is voluntary.Even the staff knows that I have not been able to respond as I usually do because I'm just locked in a room arguing before a union.

Of course I would like to dedicate myself exclusively to this. Unfortunately, our reality prevents it.

In spite of the above, we will submit your motion to 5 days of discussion starting today and if we achieve consensus we will transmit it ex-post. The deadline is Wednesday, April 11 at 23:59 UTC.If there is no consensus, we will have to take a vote whose details will be communicated between Tuesday and Wednesday of next week because we must coordinate with the staff the eventual vote.

For now let's follow the debate in this way. I will ask our secretary to paste the comments on the wiki.

regards

Humberto Carrasco Blanc Lawyer Associate Professor Economic-Commercial Law Universidad Católica del Norte - Coquimbo LLM Queen Mary University of London PhD University of Edinburgh