[lac-discuss-en] EMERITUS COUNCIL

aidanoblia at gmail.com aidanoblia at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 21:14:23 UTC 2017

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: EMERITUS COUNCIL
 Desde: aidanoblia at gmail.com

 Well Alberto, I just put something more in the wiki, I understand that
 there is a subtle difference between watch and watch, and that the latter implies
 an executive power that does not have the Council. Let's not forget that for
 something the Mediation required that this Council be formed. And as I put it in the
 this Council should have a supporting role for
 the good functioning of the Region, since it is necessary to improve this
 functioning.

 As it was seen that there was a need to support existing bodies and the
 organization so that it could improve its functioning, it is necessary that
 this Council may have the possibility to support the region and be
 attentive to issues that might escape the vision of the President and
 Secretary, executive bodies that, due to their multiple tasks, may not
 they could be attentive to all the affairs of the Region.

 Hence, the Council can see to it that it is vigilant,
 constant observation because this is a main function of his, not to
 issues related to operational principles and
 rules of procedure. This could go unnoticed by President and
 Secretary in some cases, due to his multiple executive duties and others.

 This is my modest opinion: although the boundaries between one and the other are not
 (monitor, monitor), it is clear that the Council can not take
 actions directly, watch is not run. Otherwise if you remove this
 faculty, it seems to me that the role of the Council would not be
 the same word Council, comes from "advising" for which you have to be
 attentive to the reality that he is entrusted to give advice .. he who gives advice
 does not perform the recommended action .. and to give the advice has to be
 attentive watch

 Greetings to all

 The 23 of September of 2017, 14:07, Alberto Soto <asoto at ibero-americano.org>