[lac-discuss-en] Dominios en zonas de desastre

Humberto Carrasco hcarrasco at cmsz.cl
Sat Nov 11 22:22:07 UTC 2017

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject:Re:  Dominios en zonas de desastre
Desde:Humberto Carrasco <hcarrasco at cmsz.cl>

Alberto, Sent from my iPhoneThe 11-11-2017, at (16:13), Alberto Soto <asoto at ibero-americano.org> wrote:
Dear Humberto, at the moment in the list of ALAC a very important subject arose, and we understand that all the Ralos must treat it.
It is the communication problem caused by the last hurricanes. In this period, there are domain names, after the hurricane, which are on expiration date.Without connectivity, telephone service or banking service, they can not renew, restore or exchange their records. All your domain names will disappear if we do not take action. The solution seems to be in the blocking mechanisms (in the registrar or in the registry), but it is necessary to take action soon.
It would be necessary to see who has immediate problems, and ask ICANN to foresee these problems so that in the future, it is not necessary to generate emergency measures, and that a mechanism for this is already generated.
Best regards

Alberto Soto
_______________________________________________ lac-discuss-en mailing listlac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.orghttps://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/lac-discuss-eshttp://www.lacralo.org

[[--Original text (es)
Translated by transbot 2.18-2.04
http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/c598d3676b.html