[lac-discuss-en] Meeting Invitation: LACRALO Subcommittee on Outreach and Engagement Call on Wednesday, 31 May 2017 at 18:00 UTC

Dev Anand Teelucksingh admin at ttcsweb.org
Tue May 30 04:50:06 UTC 2017

Thanks Vanda. I'll include your suggestions in the agenda.

Dear All,

Given the focus for for Wednesday's call to is to develop and have an
approved LACRALO outreach strategy in time for LACRALO to be able to apply
for outreach proposals under the Community Outreach Program (formerly known
as CROPP) in August 2017, here are some ideas for a LACRALO plan:

A focus of LACRALO’s outreach strategy will be getting organisations to
become accredited At-Large Structures (ALSes) from territories in the Latin
American and Caribbean (LAC) region that do not have any ALSes.

LACRALO will be maintaining an outreach calendar at
http://bitly.com/LAC-Outreach-Calendar to track possible ICT and IG events
in those territories without ALSes and regional IG events where persons
and/or possible ALSes from those territories are likely to attend.

Two IG events in the region have been noted in August 2017:

- Latin American and Caribbean Internet Governance Forum - LACIGF 10 which
will be held in Panama City, Panama from 2-4 August 2017
- Caribbean Internet Governance Forum - CIGF - tentatively planned for
21-23 August 2017 in Tortola, British Virgin Islands.

Given the important opportunity of these events for outreach, we will be
seeking to use CROP:
- for two travellers, one from Latin America, one from Caribbean, to attend
LACIGF
- for one traveller from Caribbean to attend CIGF.

We will seek to use the remaining CROP support for two travellers to attend
other outreach events during FY18.

Thoughts?

Dev Anand