[lac-discuss-en] =? Utf-8? Q? About_the_system_of_votaci = C3 = B3n? =

apisanty at gmail.com apisanty at gmail.com
Sat May 27 03:50:47 UTC 2017

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: =? Utf-8? Q? About_the_system_of_votaci = C3 = B3n? =
 Desde: apisanty at gmail.com

 About the system used in open voting

 Dear colleagues,

 In relation to the open voting to cover the positions of Chair
 (Chair), Secretariat (Secretariat), LACRALO representative to ALAC
 And representative of LACRALO before the NomCom, from ISOC Mexico we want
 Express our disagreement with the BigPulse system used to
 To collect the votes of the representatives of the LACRALO ALS:

 1. In the first place, the question that is asked is "Do you ratify
 Candidates for their respective positions which
 At the end of ICANN60 in November 2017? (*sic*).

 Technically this question is incorrect.LACRALO should not be pronounced
 The "ratification" of candidates because not all are currently
 Playing the role in which they are running as candidates.

 The right question, and as we have discussed on several occasions in
 LACRALO, it is "if we select" the candidates nominated for the
 Respective positions.

 2. Second, a single ballot is used for all positions
 Instead of arranging an individual for each position in which
 The vote must be cast. Which is incorrect since it is forced to be
 Vote for all the positions on which
 Requesting the vote. A representative can not choose to vote in some
 Positions and not others because the system does not allow it.

 3. In addition, the options that are enabled for each
 Position are only "yes" and "no". The option is not enabled
 "Abstention".

 This is a direct attempt against the possibility of expressing, for
 Position, which is not in favor of a
 Do not want to vote for the no, affecting the power to decide
 Manner, issuing the opinion / position that the representatives of the
 ALS consider more beneficial to LACRALO.

 4. In conclusion, the system used - we know whether
 By error - causes that the votes that are cast, are directed votes,
 Affecting the freedom of choice that all
 Representatives of the ALS.

 Based on all of the above, we want to formally record the
 Request that in future LACRALO ballots, the
 Voting system used for the correct and legitimate exercise of the
 Right to vote as representatives of the ALS.

 A screenshot of the above BigPulse system is copied below
 And the voting options enabled, and is attached hereto as
 Document in .pdf format.

 Alejandro Pisanty

 Fatima Cambronero

 -
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
 Faculty of Chemistry UNAM
 Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
 + 52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD
 +525541444475 FROM MEXICO SMS +525541444475
 Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
 Join the UNAM group on LinkedIn,
 Http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty