[lac-discuss-en] (no subject)

aidanoblia at gmail.com aidanoblia at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 09:19:54 UTC 2017

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 == utf-8? Q? _of_5_geogrnames = C3 = A1? _-_ New_pista_5? = =? Utf-8?
 Desde: aidanoblia at gmail.com

 According to Humberto's proposals, especially with regard to addressing
 The issue from the point of view of the end user in our region.

 Although I am not expert, the subject has worried to the community LACRALO,
 Directly affected and was discussed a long time ago, with respect to a
 Pair of specific cases, in relation to names of two characters of our
 Region that referred to geographical areas.

 Now at the GAC meeting with ALAC, ICANN 59,
 More focused on new and three-character domain names,
 Also presented on the screen a rather long questionnaire, in which
 Sought to reach agreement on each question, although
 Different positions.

 The foundations were, on the one hand, the right of applicants to have
 The domain name that they freely choose, on the other, the right of the
 Internet users residing in the geographical areas
 Respects their right to preserve such names for uses relating to the area
 And in the interests of end-users
 Could easily be confused about discriminating
 Names correspond to official or governmental sites or companies or
 People or issues relating to your location or region.

 In principle and from my very modest point of view, as expressed in the
 JNB meeting, this is something that is already confusing and causes some
 Conflicts: different interests are at stake.

 On the one hand: the interest of business and commerce in their freedom of
 Choose domain names that are economically disadvantaged if they are
 Limit their rights.

 On the other hand, the rights of residents in the regions
 Could be affected by commercial use, although as seen in JNB,
 In some cases that may not be important for users in the region
 Respectively. In this case, a consent was
 The issue of whether or not to collect and how.

 On the other hand, the interest of end users of
 Internet, which could be confused, not only with reference to trade
 Of goods and services.

 As set out in the ICANN Bylaws and its implementing rules,
 Which must be defended by representatives of the interests of
 The end users of internet is the interest of these.

 The other commercial interests, defend themselves and thus
 Made at that meeting.

 I understand that another interest at stake is, according to the legislation of each
 Country, the right of consumers, among other rights, not to be
 Cause confusion, in relation to certain products or services that are
 Offered on the net. This interest as consumers comes to be confused with
 Many cases with those of the end user of the internet, with the
 Whereas consumer protection is widely legislated in the
 different countries. Although the meeting did not address the rights of
 the consumers.

 Greetings to all
 Aída

 The 3 of July of 2017, 16:59, Vanda Scartezini <vanda at scartezini.org>