[lac-discuss-en] (no subject)

vanda at scartezini.org vanda at scartezini.org
Mon Jul 3 19:59:54 UTC 2017

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 == utf-8? Q? _of_5_geogrnames = C3 = A1? _-_ New_pista_5? = =? Utf-8?
 Desde: vanda at scartezini.org

 Hello Alejandro.
 If there is no consensus anywhere. There is a more radical position of some especially the GAC regarding domain names that can be used as geographic - questions arise:
 A) how to control this, who for example would control the "geographical use" of a name as SPA - its location in SPA already deserves to be qualified as a geographical use and therefore not acceptable?
 Subgroup 5 intends to discuss issues such as eta and propose a solution for each point
 B) If one has the SPA mark to follow the same example, does the SPA community have the right to use its geographical denomination and would this be a violation of a rule, if such a rule would exist?
 Etc.
 The idea of \u200b\u200bcreating this group looks at solutions to these conflicts - for this reason the group must be reduced in order to reach a consensus. In principle within the cross community is thought to be a reasonable idea.
 See what the GNSO specifically thinks and is asked to continue or not.
 I follow in followup and I come back to you.
 Hug.

 To you ALEx, tale that we miss you - the lunch of the board with the former members was concentrated in memories for ICANN history. I think you have a lot to contribute. Do not forget to send your memories of the first times for the staff Melissa King <melissa.king at icann.org>
 Thanks.

 Vanda Scartezini
 Contact Us
 Av. Paulista 1159, cj 1004