[lac-discuss-en] LACRALO EMERITUS COUNCIL

carlosraul at gutierrez.se carlosraul at gutierrez.se
Tue Aug 22 17:13:00 UTC 2017

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: LACRALO EMERITUS COUNCIL
 Desde: carlosraul at gutierrez.se

 Thank you Sylvia for your excellent presentation yesterday. Two comments to
 General level to help those who could not hear from you.
 Some of the reactions yesterday.

 1. When I go to the document it is not obvious that all this effort is derived
 For the purpose of implementing the recommendations of mediation. I believe
 That it is fundamental to repeat, as a background to the document,
 Recommendations of the mediation process, to save doubts
 Of the scope of the board's expected activity.

 2. I also believe it necessary to repeat that membership is not exclusive to
 No segment. On the contrary, membership in the Council is
 Demonstrate that some volunteers have spent many years in the
 ICANN governance and that what is at stake now is to renew and
 Reinforce LACRALO volunteer work with young and diverse new blood,
 On a new basis of trust and cooperation.

 I think that sometimes we forget these two concepts and it is good to emphasize them,
 So that we do not give the impression of a new layer of bureaucracy and
 Formalisms.

 Thank you very much again

 Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez

 Mobile +506 8837 7176