[lac-discuss-en] public consultation on internet future in Brazil

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquinolistas at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 21:00:56 UTC 2017

Dear Vanda

I am always very happy to hear from you because you really bring a
wiser perspective into things

I do sincerely hope the focus of this consultation is not to punish
the multistakeholder model.

I agree that CGIbr needs accountability, just as ICANN does.

The election of the scientific and technical community, for instance,
i have written already that it is a sham. Of all academics, scientists
and technical people in Brazil, they can't find 1 woman to get 1
independent vote seems such a hysterical nonsense that could be worthy
of a comedic sketch. You have always been one brave enough to question
this closely, and we're all grateful for that.

So if the goal here is for CGI accountability, it should and can be
demanded. No need for consultation here. I'm all for turning the lens
of accountability there.

But hey, the Amazonian region, the Northeast, I feel again we are on
the benches watching the game being played by others and not knowing
how this is going to end.

I just hope again they don't throw out the baby w/ the bath water and
us along w/ it.

Best,

Renata