[lac-discuss-en] Youth at IGF Programme - Deadline to Apply August 15

Maritza Y. Aguero Minano myaguero at msn.com
Mon Aug 7 11:41:58 UTC 2017

Dear all,

This might be of interest to some.

Regards,

Maritza

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Full details: https://www.internetsociety.org/youth-igf-programme

Many young people age 18-25 are the first generation of adults to grow up not knowing the world without the Internet. For those that do not have access, they are some of the people that are pushing hardest for it.

Young people are shaping online culture in so many ways. They use the Internet to meet people around the world, create the videos that go viral, create art that moves us, and start and stand behind online social movements that make us think.

They are building their dream Internet.

And yet when it comes to policy discussions, most of them are not at the table.

The Internet Society, in collaboration with CGI.br<http://CGI.br>, wants to change that!

Together with our partners, NIC.MX, the Government of Mexico, Microsoft and Verizon, we have brought more than 130 youth to IGF 2015 and 2016, under the Youth at IGF programme.

This is part of the Internet Society and partners' commitment to ensure that the next generation of Internet leaders are primed to advance an Internet of opportunity for all. As a result of these efforts, many young people are now contributing to the Youth Special Interest Group and to regional meetings, such as the African Internet Summit, EuroDIG, and others.

This time, we are sending even more young people to the IGF through the 2017 Youth at IGF programme. Concretely, the top performers will have a chance to go to the Internet Governance Forum 2017 in Geneva, Switzerland, December 18-21, as well as to be part of an Onsite Collaborative Leadership Exchange on December 17.

If you’re 18-25 and meet the following criteria, please apply to be a Youth at IGF participant and build your dream Internet.