[lac-discuss-en] We need your answer

hcarrascob at gmail.com hcarrascob at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 20:05:48 UTC 2016

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: We need your answer
 Desde: hcarrascob at gmail.com

 Dear Alexander,

 Pardon my delay in answering. However, check your request to review
 this problem and the truth is that when I read your mail understand your
 request was not directed directly from us (president or secretary), but to
 ALAC representatives.

 Indeed, and I quote your email:

 "Colleagues,

 This document sent to us for consultation by ALAC is important,
 In my opinion. a list of issues that the ALAC ago and deals
 asks why the general Internet users should be concerned
 for them.

 The list of what is important for ALAC is almost exactly in order
 inverse of what concerns Internet users in general.all
 topics listed - and leaving aside the generality of "governance
 Internet "- the last thing we care about is accountability of ICANN
 and the first, if anything, is the availability, use and possible abuse of
 data domain name registrants in "whois".

 In fact the situation is more serious: what the genral users proecupa
 It is the abuse of the names, phishing, speculation that prevents them
 regtistrar domain names for their activities, families and businesses, and
 the DNS resolve names to IP addresses without fail. And that's not even
 It appears on the agenda of the ALAC!

 If anyone needs evidence that urgent reform At Large, and
 particularly LACRALO can not deny it: it is there, on that list. Can not
 They are surprised that new organizations can not join in that few
 LACRALO and ALAC interest them.

 * I call on our representatives to ALAC to launch an
 active discussion about the order and content of the list in our
 community and express themselves in favor of a radical modification
 same. This is a formal motion. *

 Alejandro Pisanty "

 Under the mail, I do not stay it was clear to us (leadership) the
 request because the call was to "representatives to ALAC" and we
 we are not (we are not ALAC Member). It is therefore not was given the
 corresponding processing.

 I regret that this situation has occurred, but I understood that the request
 It was not for us.

 regards

 18/09/2016 1:30 GMT-03: 00 Alejandro Pisanty <apisanty at gmail.com> :

[[--Original text (es)