[lac-discuss-en] monthly LACRALO call. Monday October 17, 2016 - 23:00 UTC

crg at isoc-cr.org crg at isoc-cr.org
Sun Oct 16 17:10:34 UTC 2016

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: monthly LACRALO call. Monday October 17, 2016 - 23:00 UTC
 Desde: crg at isoc-cr.org

 Humberto Thanks for your explanation and for those interested
 on the issue of the delegation of the 2-letter codes, I want
 refer to the context of it as I see it from my personal perspective,
 supported with documents of the case:

 1. A summary of the theme of the 2-letter codes to the second level
 4. February 2015 attached to the bottom attached to this email
 2. GAC's position on the issue prior to the final decision of
 Board this regard in February 2015
 3. RyG position on the topic prior to the final decision of
 Board about February 2015
 4. The decision of the Board about the February 12, 2015 to
 respect:
 https://www.icann.org/resources/board-material/resolutions-2015-02-12-en#2.a
 5. the progress of the review process to August 2015
 https://www.icann.org/news/blog/resolving-the-release-of-two-character-ascii-labels-with-comments
 6.The current process for the delegation of the 2-letter codes in
 your current version of April 2016 after the adjustments required to
 process by the Board:

 https://www.icann.org/resources/two-character-labels

 7. Whereas recent market study of the attachment region
 mentions that 6 of the 13 ccTLDs surveyed offer domain names
 country code with costs above 100 Euros (page 61
 attached below). Despite having requested the President of the LACTLD
 opportunity to discuss this issue in its commercial workshop tomorrow, has not
 been made possible by this "closed" .........

 8. Whereas the recent study of the economic impact of
 introduction of new gTLDs (attached below) shows in its Table 7,
 page 40 that the retail prices of the vast majority of new
 gTLDs are well below the prices of our ccTLD of
 region.

 Therefore, it is my personal position

 to.Be that community in a long process of review of the
 delegation of coitus 2 letter (both non codes
 country as country codes at the second level) with extensive
 participation GAC and ccNSO.

 b. the expansion of new gTLDs already shown an impact on
 positive price when compared to prices of ccTLDs
 region.

 c. I am willing to hear opposing positions that I could
 delineate those documents. But for me the other way
 situation is clear

 But meanwhile, I see no direct interest to users
 Internet in the region support the position of LACTLD.

 Carlos Raul Gutierrez

 +506 8837 7176
 Skype: carlos.raulg
 Current offset UTC: -6.00 (Costa Rica)