[lac-discuss-en] New ICANN Bylaws - ICANN

Humberto Carrasco hcarrascob at gmail.com
Fri May 27 19:13:00 UTC 2016

Dear all,

FYI

Regards
https://www.icann.org/news/blog/new-icann-bylaws

New ICANN Bylaws
Today, on behalf of the ICANN Board, I am pleased to announce the adoptionof the new ICANN Bylaws, which reflect changes made as a result of the IANA Stewardship Transition package of proposals. The new Bylaws are the result of hundreds of hours of work by the community and the legal teams. The Regional Internet Registries Service Level Agreement and Internet Engineering Task Force Memorandum of Understanding Supplemental Agreement have also been approved for signing and will go into effect after the transition.

Later today, ICANN will be transmitting the new Bylaws to the U.S. Department of Commerce’s National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA). NTIA has previously stated that adoption of the new Bylaws is required for them to complete their review of the proposals, which is expected to occur in June.

This is an important milestone for ICANN and the community. As we await the release of NTIA’s report, we continue to prepare for implementation of the transition proposals. We thank everyone for their continued hard work and support during this transition process.