[lac-discuss-en] About NOMCOM Delegate

Maritza Y. Aguero Minano myaguero at msn.com
Thu May 26 16:33:09 UTC 2016

Dear LACRALO Members, Due to the 48 hours period given to the LACRALO Community to send objections and/or comments regarding the designation of Jose Ovidio Salgueiro, as the proposed LACRALO to NOMCOM, only one objection was presented by Carlos Gutierrez, based on gender inequality.
About the mentioned concern, it should be addressed that our region had -and currently- have women in the NOMCOM (Sylvia Herlein Leite who is the current representative) and ALAC (position currently is represented, among others, by Vanda Scartezini) positions. In addition to this, our current LACRALO Secretary is a female (Maritza Aguero), so the gender diversity and equal opportunities are present in our Region.
Thus, we are going to propose Mr. Jose Ovidio  Salgueiro as our candidate for the NOMCOM, reminding that this proposal is not binding. Regards,
Humberto Carrasco -  LACRALO ChairMaritza Aguero - LACRALO Secretariat