[lac-discuss-en] Answers to Questions

asoto at ibero-americano.org asoto at ibero-americano.org
Mon May 16 19:11:56 UTC 2016

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Answers to Questions
 from: asoto at ibero-americano.org

 I just published my answers to Alejandro and Vanda on the wiki. I copy my
 answers below.

 Best regards

 Alberto Soto

 I was hoping the wiki open to answer.

 Alejandro questions Pisanty

 What are the main priorities of LACRALO to be carried
 A THE C? What is your management project for ALAC?

 Resolve the issue of integration of our region, dating back many years.
 It was very specifically raised at the meeting of Dublin with the presence of
 LACRALO; ALAC and ICANN. This process takes an excessive delay on the part of
 ICANN and ALAC; They have already passed seven months since its inception.The
 information we had in March (Marrakech) is the same that gave me the
 month of January.

 That work with the bottom-up methodology. This means that should Ralo
 work internally, achieve active participation and upload policies. I believe
 that this requires that point 1 is completed. Of all the
 urgency to advance the same

 That the independence of the Ralos respected. We had several samples
 interference in our Ralo, who had request from
 LACRALO, but did not-resolution. They are the cause of unnecessary conflicts and
 do not allow progress on issues that Ralo considered substantive.

 No mo take a particular project, that will surpass the leaders of
 Reginya our members. I bring those generated in our
 THIN and push forward with a positive interaction between our
 Ralo and ALAC. But I think the hiring of the company ITEMS
 International to conduct the review process as a At-Large
 independent examiner, allow me to collaborate with each of our
 ALSs in the process.And I think certainly there will be changes
 substantial in the management of ALAC and At-Large.

 Mention carry full force items proposed by our Regin, either
 ALAC or its working groups. To this we must participate in groups
 ALAC work, ICANN and Cross Community. This requires dedication in
 number of very important weekly hours. Not only at meetings but
 necessary in preparation prior. And I can devote. All witness
 of this for years. The previous year I had until 9 meetings
 weekly in very different times. Some of them under two hours,
 but more duracinan.

 What are the main strengths and weaknesses of current
 LACRALO ALAC representatives think and how leverage and equal or
 overcome the strengths and weaknesses replace?

 I do not think it is time for this type of analysis.

 I think I can try to act taking the principal of each. He
 judgment and patience Len, particularly in critical situations and
 conflict.Particularly as Vice-Chair of the Cross Community Working
 IANA Transition Group and Accountability aora in the same group for the
 implementacin stage of approvals in Marrakech. This has been highlighted
 ALAC several times, particularly by the CEO of ICANN meetings
 ALAC.

        The opportunity Vanda intervention in several areas,
 demonstrating a deep knowledge of them. It has always been very
 concrete, going to the heart of the cuestin, showing that has made a
 deep analysis before issuing opinion.

 The dedication of Harold who is making up with her, her little experience
 Initial development of a meeting. But it had all the
 knowledge necessary. From the beginning I had an active participation.

 Another important factor for a good desempeo, is not comment without the
 knowledge necessary. Will be representing our Ralo and can not be
 fail or make ridiculous.It regards the necessary knowledge in the
 last three years and a half before having an obligation, not only had
 participation in a monthly meeting of ALAC. Also participated in the great
 Most of their webinars. And in all meetings of LACRALO, except one,
 for many years.

 what is its mastery of English in relation to the needs of LACRALO
 have an effective representation in ALAC? This question - and if possible
 the above - must be answered in English.

 Actually, I do not like orders, in particular that should be.

 My english level is medium, but I understand and I understand. A sample of
 it was more that two observations made at two different meetings
 with the CEO of ICANN were taken by the Board of ICANN l.

 For two years I came to participate in face meetings, telefnicas
 and I work in WG only in English. In particular, as zither
 above face meetings with the CEO of ICANN, who never
 traducciny had at dinner parties where reunaa the leaders.Very
 particularly in these dinners, where it was absolutely mandatory speak,
 since the witness chair to chair spent. I must admit that in the
 dinner was more diverrtido.

 qu history of your recent activity in the community of the LACRALO
 prepared to effectively represent the community and resolve
 matters of "policy" that sta formula?

 Since the year 2005 participated in ICANN. For many years as
 representative of my ALS. Always actively participated in LACRALO WG, of
 ICANN ALAC and Cross Community. I currently participate in the Public-Interest-WG
 and the CCWG Accountability in Implementacin stage.

 I think I have taken the necessary knowledge about the ecosystem of ICANN,
 particularly on the interests of end users,
 to resolve issues of policy. Cit and my active participation in
 working groups, webinars, etc. It is the way of taking knowledge to
 to act retrospectively.

 qu commitments of participation, communication, transparency and rendicin
 accountability to the community acquired?how hese can be monitored, and
 claimed in his case?

 I am committed to always. I had and have a wide participation,
 and very active. This means that I think, and better than that, my view is
 always well considered. It is particularly my intervention at meetings
 ALAC monthly, where I have not had a vote, but my voice was always
 welcome.

 For communication, I assume the commitment to the leadership of LACRALO
 all topics addressed and which may be cause for more later
 participation of RALOS. As AFIRM before, this procedure has
 to allow time to prepare RALO that issue, and if necessary,
 Additional capacitacin use.

 Accountabilities. You can make a monthly or bimonthly report, but
 to be interpreted, it is necessary that members of the Ralo have the
 Thematic knowledge in question to not only learn, but
 retroalimentacin engage with that permits improvement in desempeo
 of the function.

 Surveillance, claim and accountability, I think it should be
 part of legislation is absent. There are things done but not yet
 approval and modification.

 This email has-been protected by YAC (Yet Another Cleaner) http://www.yac.mx

[[--Original text (es)
http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/ca0e01daa6.html