[lac-discuss-en] Appointment procedures within SOs/ACs

Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez G. crg at isoc-cr.org
Sun Jun 12 21:27:27 UTC 2016

Dear Vanda,

thank you for reminding us of this very important issue.

I don’t want to pre-empt a discussion in the LACRALO list, but let me
inform you that presently we have to cases pending for careful revision
of the procedure in the GNSO Council that call for great attention and
careful consideration of the issues the ALAC Chair has raised in his
note. The first one was the undefined election of the Councils Chair in
Dublin, and more recent, the selection of the GNSO-GAC liaison. While in
both case we had a clear set of rules and formal procedures, in both
cases the rules where not enough to solve for eventual uncertainties.

Looking forward, in my view this the of issues will have to be recorded
for the purpose of the ACCT WS2 Sub-teams  on SO/AC Accountability, if
only to gain from similar experiences, avoid duplicating work and
reaching a common level of transparency in the appointments across the
community.

Cheers

Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez
+506 8837 7176