[lac-discuss-en] Regional Advice - APANDETEC

Maritza Y. Aguero Minano myaguero at msn.com
Mon Jun 6 15:40:55 UTC 2016

Dear LACRALO Members,
>From the review of the comments made in the wiki (https://community.icann.org/display/LACRALO/ALS+application%3A+APANDETEC), we can appreciate that, in general terms, the biggest problem could be a possible confusion between the names APENDETEC and IPANDETEC. However, it is not the duty of this LACRALO leadership to decide on the eventual confusion because this a matter of  the competence of the Panamanians Institutions.
Having say that, we must assess whether the applicant meets the following criteria:
The new ALS must commit to support the participation of the individual Internet users within ICANN, distributing information on activities and relevant issues within ICANN between constituent units / individual members, offering Internet-based mechanisms to facilitate discussions on one and/or more of these activities and issues between constituent units / individual members, and involving constituent units / individual members in policy development, discussions and relevant decisions within ICANN.The new ALS must constituted by the participation by individual Internet users who are citizens and/or residents of countries within the geographic region in which lies the ALS, dominates the functioning of its structure. The ALS may permit additional participation by others, compatible with the interests of individual Internet users within the region.Be self-sufficient (not rely on ICANN for funding).The new ALS must publish on the Internet (either on the ALAC's website or elsewhere) current information, publicly accessible,  on the objectives, structure, description of groups that are their members, working mechanisms, leadership and contacts.Assist the RALO in performing its functions.
Thus, we understand that APENDETEC meets the minimum criteria to be considered in a future ALS.
Regards,
Humberto Carrasco  - LACRALO Chair
Maritza Aguero - LACRALO Secretariat