[lac-discuss-en] ECLAC report on Latin America and the Caribbean

fatimacambronero at gmail.com fatimacambronero at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 18:29:23 UTC 2016

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: ECLAC report on Latin America and the Caribbean
 Desde: fatimacambronero at gmail.com

 Alberto,

 Thanks for sharing this document.

 It sounds a little logical that no mention of ICANN is not made, being it was
 a document that was presented to a Ministerial (= government), in a
 body / regional commission of the United Nations, right?

 Moreover, it is my understanding that this kind of agencies see the
 user as a consumer and not a stakeholder more involved in the
 discussion / Internet policy development. I do not know how they see the
 the rest.

 On the other hand, as also discussed these days in the list, this
 report primarily focuses on another layer, telecommunications
 (With other stakeholders involved).

 We probably read this report serves as a demarcation exercise of
 mainly layers to understand what our role as users (if
 really it exists) within ICANN.

 Only some loose ideas to ponder ....

 Best regards,
 Fatima

 On July 8, 2016, 21:13, Alberto Soto <asoto at ibero-americano.org>
 wrote:

> Es un informe para leer, hay datos interesantes. Hay estadísticas, temas
> variados, y  un poco sobre gobernanza de internet, neutralidad de la red,
> necesidades sobre esos aspectos, y deficiencia sobre otros en la
> gobernanza, pero no hay una sola mención sobre ICANN…
>

> http://www.cepal.org/es/publicaciones/38604-la-nueva-revolucion-digital-la-internet-consumo-la-internet-la-produccion
>

> Saludos cordiales
>

> Alberto Soto
>

> ------------------------------
>
> El software de antivirus Avast ha analizado este correo electrónico en
> busca de virus.

> http://www.lacralo.org

 * Fatima Cambronero *
 A lawyer
 Argentina / Mexico

 Phone: Argentina: +54 9351 5282 668 - Mexico: +52 (55) 3018 2066
 Twitter: @facambronero
 Skype: fatima.cambronero

[[--Original text (es)
http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/7dc29f027d.html