[lac-discuss-en] ??????? Q = utf-8 El_movimiento_de_las_elecciones_ = 2E = 2E = = q = utf-8 2E_ = EF = BF = BDHa_fallado_en_pasar = 2E =

hcarrascob at gmail.com hcarrascob at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 22:12:15 UTC 2015

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re:??????? Q = utf-8 El_movimiento_de_las_elecciones_ = 2E = 2E = = q = utf-8 2E_ = EF = BF = BDHa_fallado_en_pasar = 2E =
 From: hcarrascob at gmail.com

 Dear Jacqueline,

 Sorry for the delay. This is because I try to write in Spanish and
 English for the two lists can understand clearly. This takes me
 several hours.

 The standard rule 12.2 states:

 12.2 In accordance with the provisions of Rules 6.2 and 16,
 Resolutions are decided by a majority of Large Structures
 present and voting; for the purposes of these Rules, the expression
 "Large Structures present and voting" shall mean the
 Large Structures casting an affirmative or negative vote. At
 Large Structures abstain from voting shall be deemed them
 as if they had not voted.

 The law covers three situations:

 1. Scope that a structure emits positive feedback

 2. Scope that a structure of casting a negative vote

 3. That a range structure abstains from voting.

 An example covering these three situations would be:

 Is you. Agree that XXXX is president?

 1. IF

 2. NO

 If a structure Scope vote yes, is issuing an affirmative vote.

 If the structure is NOT Scope vote by casting a negative vote.

 If the structure does nothing Scope, she is abstaining from voting.

 Here perfectly they meet the assumptions of the standard.

 However, in the situation in question the choice of the Member ALAC
 situation is different and the rule does not fit properly.

 The question asked was:

 * * QUESTION: Who do you choose to be representative of LACRALO to
 ALAC for a period of two years starting at the ICANN meeting
 October 2015? Please choose a candidate from the list below (in
 alphabetical order) or abstain:

  * Harold Arcos
  * Juan Manuel Rojas
  * Abstain

 The vote given in favor of Harold Arcos or Juan Manuel Rojas is a
 affirmative vote.

 The vote by abstention option is a negative vote.

 Who did nothing, abstained from voting.

 Therefore, the results are delivered correctly.

 Cheers

http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/0dcd5b0477.html