[lac-discuss-en] First major challenge for the new representative to ALAC lacralo

vanda at scartezini.org vanda at scartezini.org
Sun Sep 13 14:43:44 UTC 2015

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: First major challenge for the new representative to ALAC lacralo
 From: vanda at scartezini.org

 Hello, I already Contacted me Janice, responsible for the Fellowship. let's see what I get as feedback.
 Hugs
 Vanda Scartezini
 Polo Consultores Associados
 Av. Paulista 1159, 1004 cj
 01311-200- Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
 Land Line: +55 11 3266.6253
 Mobile: + 55 11 98181.1464
 Sorry for any typos.

 From: &quot;lac-discuss-es-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org <mailto:lac-discuss-es-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org> &quot;On Behalf Of Harold Arcos
 Date: Sunday, September 13, 2015 at 00:33
 To: Raitme Citterio
 Cc: &quot;lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org <mailto:lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org> &quot;

 Hello Raitme
 Thanks for sharing concerns and warn this topic.This is a consideration that could work for Outreach and Engagement for, as well you put it, it affects the work of dissemination and growth of the ICANN community. Please share the info you have and articulate from and to advance this issue.

 Cheers
 Harold

 09/12/2015 13:21 GMT-04: 30 Raitme Citterio <rcitterio at gmail.com<mailto:rcitterio at gmail.com> &gt;:
 Best regards to all of you s

 Congratulations to Harold Arcos for being elected as the new representative to ALAC lacralo.

 However, as a new responsibility to represent everyone equally it is to require both Argentiva as Venezuela again be accepted as valid nationalities to run for the upcoming ICANN meetings through the Fellowship program.

 Since for nominations for the ICANN55 fellow, neither Argentina nor Venezuela are on the list of nationalities valid to be able to apply; which is an act of discrimination and particularly in Venezuela there is a low turnout, the fellowship program to help potential ALS Argentina and Venezuela can be integrated in the short and medium term.

 Sincerely
 Raitme Citterio