[lac-discuss-en] Draft LACRALO Outreach Strategy for 2015 - mid 2016

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 12:34:43 UTC 2015

Dear All,

The LACRALO members from the Outreach and Engagement SC
(https://community.icann.org/x/cqfbAQ) have drafted a Outreach Strategy for
LACRALO which will be presented on the Outreach and Engagement SC call on
September 9 2015 at 1800 UTC (https://community.icann.org/x/iYRYAw).

Apart from guiding the activities of the LACRALO members on the Outreach
and Engagement SC for the year, such an Outreach Strategy needs to be
approved by At-Large and by the regional GSE (Rodrigo de la Parra) before
September 30 2015, otherwise funding for Community Regional Outreach Pilot
Program (CROPP) will not be made available.

Comments, suggestions for the draft Outreach strategy for LACRALO are
welcomed.

Here is the draft LACRALO Outreach Strategy:

"A key focus of LACRALO’s outreach strategy will be getting organisations
to become accredited At-Large Structures (ALSes) from territories in the
Latin American and Caribbean (LAC) region that do not have any ALSes.

>From our analysis that we have done via our LACRALO Dashboard
(http://bit.ly/lacralo-dashboard), there are 13 countries out of 33
countries without At-Large Structures.

An aim will be to attempt to get 3 new ALSes from three territories without
ALSes for FY16.

LACRALO will be maintaining an outreach calendar at
http://bitly.com/LAC-Outreach-Calendar
to track possible ICT and IG events in those territories without ALSes and
regional IG events where persons and/or possible ALSes from those
territories are likely to attend.

Furthermore, in collaboration with ICANN’s regional Global Stakeholder
Engagement in the LAC region, possible individuals and/or organisations
that would be At-Large candidates in those countries without ALSes would be
surveyed. Other ICANN stakeholders (GAC, ccNSO, Fellows) in territories
without ALSes would also be consulted to find suitable At-Large candidates.

Once a sufficient number of individuals/groups are identified, attempts
would be made to contact such individuals to invite them on a series of
conference calls introducing them to DNS basics, ICANN and At-Large."

Kind Regards,

Dev Anand Teelucksingh
Outreach and Engagement SC chair