[lac-discuss-en] ??? Q = iso-8859-1 RES = F3n_prese 3A__Apoyo_a_la_moci = = = iso-8859-1 ntada_por_Carlton_Samuels q =?????

Roosevelt King rok at bango.org.bb
Sun Sep 6 18:49:46 UTC 2015

Humberto finally surrendered the authority vested in the secretariat to the
Chairman. Mistake number one, but he does not seem to be aware of it.

Between the chair and the secretariat they applied a rule that does not
exist in LACRALO, requiring a vote for confirmation of a sole nomination.
This is arbitrary and discriminatory since the object was to ensure that no
Caribbean rep will serve in any capacity within LACRALO.

All the work that they have done? What about the work that the Caribbean
reps have done from inception? You obviously don't care about that so why
should we care?

The rules are not outdated. Just that LA wants them changed so that they can
politicise LACRALO and sideline minorities, which is against the spirit of
the multi-stakeholder model. You want to have your kingdom at the expense of
the Caribbean.

Finally, if they can't understand and interpret the MoU and RoP and
operating principles, then they have no right being Chair and Secretariat.
To admit this translates to evidence of incompetence and supports Carlton's
motion of no-confidence.

Be careful what you say.

ROK