[lac-discuss-en] RV: Blog from Steve Crocker

apisanty at gmail.com apisanty at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 01:18:14 UTC 2015

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: RV: Blog from Steve Crocker
 From: apisanty at gmail.com

 Alberto,

 thank you very much for this post. Indeed it is important to read the message
 Steve Crocker sent and the documents to which it points.

 Another relevant document is the one that has issued ISOC (Internet Society) to
 connection,

 http://www.internetsociety.org/news/internet-society-comments-iana-stewardship-transition-proposal

 As you can see, there are open questions that are important to resolve.
 Many of these questions are related to the issues of complexity and
 uncertainty over which we have noted above.

 A special occasion to emphasize the urgency of the study of the document
 sent is: we understand that the points where the
 ICANN Board agrees with the proposals of the ICG and CCWG form
 a new "floor" for progress in the transition from the supervision of IANA.
 We review it carefully; if some of those points light alarms
 we discuss them immediately, because very soon they will become
 irremovable.

 For our community, rich lawyers and advocates, it is
 also important to review the proposals in their aspects
 a commitment which calls for ICANN to assume human rights. A
 extreme interpretation, unreserved commitment, it may be harmful
 rather than beneficial. You can force all the multistakeholder community
 ICANN a party to claims and litigation related companies or
 with ccTLDs in authoritarian countries, thereby creating litigious situations
 end and especially that third party intervention invoked instead
 to lead to a satisfactory solution multistakeholder. Hopefully
 soon we know expert opinions resulting from scrupulous studies
 of these issues to consider in formulating an opinion
 LACRALO that it is worthy, relevant and timely.

 Best regards,

 Alejandro Pisanty

 04/09/2015 10:58 GMT-05: 00 Alberto Soto <asoto at ibero-americano.org> :

> Sugerencia para leer, contiene importantes afirmaciones de la Junta de
> ICANN sobre el trabajo realizado hasta este momento.
>
> Saludos cordiales
>

> Alberto Soto

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
 UNAM Faculty of Chemistry
 3000 University Avenue,. 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
 + 52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD
 SMS FROM MEXICO +525541444475 +525541444475
 Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
 UNAM Join the LinkedIn group,
 http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty